• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Bolt wil be available 2/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre ordered mine yesterday from BB.
-Yes, he did look up my account to verify which lines were eligble for upgrade.
-The price is $249 with upgrade.
-Expected deliverry date is Feb. 14. I am number 4 on the list but it is no guarentee that I will get one on the 14th as with some of the hot smart phones they only got one or 2 per store in the past.
-The had a large poster promoting the verizon iphone, so yes I think BB will be carrying the iphone also.

Upvote 0
LOL...vzw is high of they're ass! $629 for the Thunderbolt, and $800 for the zoom? Those price points make zero sense for this day and age. I'd say more fitting would be $500 for the Bolt, and say $699 for the xoom. Somebody tell vzw were just about to wrap up from the worst recession in decades .

Upvote 0
LOL...vzw is high of they're ass! $629 for the Thunderbolt, and $800 for the zoom? Those price points make zero sense for this day and age. I'd say more fitting would be $500 for the Bolt, and say $699 for the xoom. Somebody tell vzw were just about to wrap up from the worst recession in decades .

I agree they're expensive, and wish they'd be cheaper. But, as far as the Tbolt goes $500 would price it below devices from las year. An Incredible is $529 & an X is $570. I was looking for the price to be $600, but 32GB sd cards are $100 (vs. $30 for the 16GB I got last fall) so it's not out of reason.

Upvote 0
I agree they're expensive, and wish they'd be cheaper. But, as far as the Tbolt goes $500 would price it below devices from las year. An Incredible is $529 & an X is $570. I was looking for the price to be $600, but 32GB sd cards are $100 (vs. $30 for the 16GB I got last fall) so it's not out of reason.

You are correct, but $250 still seems high for the on contract price. I guess the math pans out. $600 phone for $200 or $700 for $250. Well, sort of.

Upvote 0
Yea I think the Fascinate is still priced at about $579....That's crazy! I would feel better if vzw had an early upgrade price, figure $150/$200 on top of the current on contract price....At the most that would leave us on contract people at around $450 for the phone. Still staying for 2 years, your still getting over a $100 a month for the service. The way it is now is all designed to hit us hard from behind IMO.

Upvote 0
You are correct, but $250 still seems high for the on contract price. I guess the math pans out. $600 phone for $200 or $700 for $250. Well, sort of.

Take the DX $570 retail - $200 on contract = $370 difference
Then the Tbolt $630 retail - $250 on contract = $380 difference
I think it also explains why phones like the Incredible are selling below $199 now while the DX stays up there. But at launch they were making more off of the Incredible than the DX.

Upvote 0
Shouldn't the Thuderbolt launch in store at VZW before it's available third party like Best Buy? Verizon always loves to wait till the day before to announce a launch. Hopefully I can walk into the store on Friday and pick one up, if not buy online Friday and have it Saturday deliverd for $20.00.

It will be in Verizon same day, pretty sure. It is VZW first LTE phone. I am sure their marketing people are trying to pinpoint when to release with all this iPhone chatter.

Upvote 0
Folks, phone and tablet pricing is way over the apparent value due to the strong carrier need for folks to buy with locked in data plans. Across the board, devices would be 20% cheaper if data plans were not a locked in business plan factor.

The higher retail price pushes most people into the contracts at about 66% two year and 33% one year plans.

Upvote 0
It will be in Verizon same day, pretty sure. It is VZW first LTE phone. I am sure their marketing people are trying to pinpoint when to release with all this iPhone chatter.

The iPhone 4 sells itself. These two phones have very different customer bases. Niether one will canibalize each others sales imho. That would be like Ford launching a brand new EV car and the Brand New Musttang GT on the same day. Two entirely different markets.

Upvote 0
I decided to hold off on a new phone, since $629 is too much of an upgrade cost from the Incredible. I bought a 64gb iPod for $364 and surprised how much I like it. Tons of amazing apps and the Netlfix app plays movies back FAR better than expected and plenty of space for my tunes :)

The iPod and my Incredible will do me for a while. I am able to tether the Inc with both my iPod and Gtablet, so nice set-up :)

Seems best of both worlds with two small devices for trips. Great app ecosystem with iPod and open device for web/Flash and game emulators with Incredible- plus Inc is a great tether device.

Added:

The Netflix app would rock on my Gtablet :)

Upvote 0
The iPhone 4 sells itself. These two phones have very different customer bases. Niether one will canibalize each others sales imho. That would be like Ford launching a brand new EV car and the Brand New Musttang GT on the same day. Two entirely different markets.

This.

Both are to capture completely different market segments and are likely to be successful in my opinion.

The iPhone 4 target: AT&T users that have been clamoring for Verizon for years and Verizon users that have been clamoring for an iPhone for years. We're talking millions of devices without much of a sales pitch truly needed on VZ's part for this to be successful. It's a drop in the bucket. Especially since they fixed the antenna!!!

Thunderbolt: Verizon still has a very large population of people on original Droids, many that are now getting used to screen keyboards and less dependent on physical ones, and a large population of folks on the Incredible or even the Eris, that will be looking at this phone as a major upgrade. They may also get some EVO users that have been looking for a similar device on VZ's network. It won't hold a candle to the sales of iPhones, but it will sell just fine because it's not targeting the iPhone needers that have already decided what they were going to get years ago.

Upvote 0

This is what is bothering me. I talked to my Best Buy store they said if I preorder today they will guarantee I will have it on the 14th. I then called my Verizon store and they said we know nothing about that. I don't even have a date in my system. Problem is I am trying to switch off of my Sprint plan before the new month starts on the 20th. I rather go to the Verizon store and sign a 1 year deal. Anyone know if it will definitely be at Verizon on the 14th?

Upvote 0
This is what is bothering me. I talked to my Best Buy store they said if I preorder today they will guarantee I will have it on the 14th. I then called my Verizon store and they said we know nothing about that. I don't even have a date in my system. Problem is I am trying to switch off of my Sprint plan before the new month starts on the 20th. I rather go to the Verizon store and sign a 1 year deal. Anyone know if it will definitely be at Verizon on the 14th?

First, I really want this to be the 14th. However, no one has really said this. I mean people here are saying BB told them the 14th, but the "ad" does not clearly give an exact date.

I am not doubting the BB people, however my gut tells me this is true, but the hold up is VZW. If there is a delay, BB will NOT be giving the phone out on the 14th. When BB has, VZW will.

If I were you, put your $50 in a BB. Your sprint bill is prorated anyway, right?

Upvote 0
My problem with Best Buy is that I want to put the phone on my account which will show up on my next bill. I'll have my tax check back by then. I think if you buy it at Best Buy you have to come off the hip for it. Am I right?

Not sure, call store and ask. I'd imagine you have to pay and can not put on your account, as they would not get the "credit" or "kickback" (if any - LOL).

Upvote 0
here we go again with VZW and the hold up! Those Incredibles were in stock way before they sold em last year, this is what they do! Some Genius in they're PR dept is most likely to blame for the hold up, with the iphone launch and all! I know they focus towards diff groups, but to vzw the iphone coming to them is a big deal, and they dont want anything taking the wind out of it's sail...

Upvote 0
In the Vzw system the Thunderbolt is scheduled to release between the 20th and 24th of this month. The commercial on Droid-Life site pretty much says the same. 3-2-1 countdown= 3 weeks. 24th is my prediction with what we have all gathered. BB store told me they WILL have them on the 14th. Accessories will be arriving this week if not already there. 14 days to let the iPWN dust settle. Seems about right. Speculation about this phone has given me an ulcer. Lol.

VZ info from regional sales rep. BB info from Metairie, La store. I think her name was Ruth.

Upvote 0
In the Vzw system the Thunderbolt is scheduled to release between the 20th and 24th of this month. The commercial on Droid-Life site pretty much says the same. 3-2-1 countdown= 3 weeks. 24th is my prediction with what we have all gathered. BB store told me they WILL have them on the 14th. Accessories will be arriving this week if not already there. 14 days to let the iPWN dust settle. Seems about right. Speculation about this phone has given me an ulcer. Lol.

VZ info from regional sales rep. BB info from Metairie, La store. I think her name was Ruth.

Im in MN, they took my 50 bucks and said they didnt know when it'd be coming out. hoping for the 14th! no one seems to really know for sure

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones