• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Droid cost me my truck...

Gunner

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
So I"m leaving work tonight, and decide on a whim I'm going to run up the highway to a local VZ store and pick up some accessories for the Droid, instead of going the other way towards home.

I'm about 2 miles down the highway when I slam into a deer at about 50 mph. It came out of nowhere and just stopped, of course, directly in front of me. A police report and a tow truck later, and I'm cursing this f'ing phone.

Need a deer slaughtered? Droid does that. Need a truck destroyed? Droid does that.

F*ck.

Good night.

I would blame this guy:
225px-Alexander_Graham_Bell.jpg

or maybe this guy:
Martin-Cooper-708909.jpg

Upvote 0
So I"m leaving work tonight, and decide on a whim I'm going to run up the highway to a local VZ store and pick up some accessories for the Droid, instead of going the other way towards home.

I'm about 2 miles down the highway when I slam into a deer at about 50 mph. It came out of nowhere and just stopped, of course, directly in front of me. A police report and a tow truck later, and I'm cursing this f'ing phone.

Need a deer slaughtered? Droid does that. Need a truck destroyed? Droid does that.

F*ck.

Good night.

I feel yer pain. I had an Infiniti Q45 that ended its life journey just off the Interstate when a 6 point buck decide to make a mad daash across a 4 lane limited access divided highway to try to outrun my 4000# behemoth. I even took pics of it - see Picasa Web Albums - johnlgalt - Infiniti Wrec...

Needless to say, I was pissed off. When the officers showed up and went to investigate where he was at, snorting and thrashing, it turned out I had broken 3 of his legs, and it was pissed - and still trying to get back up (presumably to go for Round II with the car). Officer had to put a 9mikemike in his brain.

Poor deer my ass! I've hit one before doing about 45 and it lived. I got out and shot it (I have a CCW) for running out in front of me (and to put it out of its misery since it's leg was broken.)

Yeah, see above - officers had to do the same thing here.

Upvote 0

F*ck.

Good night.

How did your Droid fare in the accident? lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones