• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The easiest way to download your phone official firmware

Is this any differant than downloading the kdz file using the recovery methods already set out by Biggiephil and sammyz. I understand that you say its specific to each owners personal phone but is it really any differant than the generic version, after all they are both the same size and do exactly the same thing don't they or am I missing something here?
You can get your IMEI # from going to settings then status and its there.

Upvote 0
Is this any differant than downloading the kdz file using the recovery methods already set out by Biggiephil and sammyz. I understand that you say its specific to each owners personal phone but is it really any differant than the generic version, after all they are both the same size and do exactly the same thing don't they or am I missing something here?
You can get your IMEI # from going to settings then status and its there.
They are the same. But this one is from LG's own site. So I guess we can count on it is always the latest and the greatest.

Upvote 0
They are the same. But this one is from LG's own site. So I guess we can count on it is always the latest and the greatest.
Can't always count on LG:
1) Newest updates on some phones breaks root.
2) LG breaks their firmware links ALL the time; if there is a more than normal amount of downloads they change their links.

This is why I upload firmware to somewhere else and release that link I uploaded it to.

I once created a guide like this and I took it down a week later because LG blocked a lot of important links. I wouldn't be surprised if we are no longer able to get firmware ourselves.

Upvote 0
Yeah sammyz LG does make things difficult for no reason, with that in mind I wouldn't doubt them slamming the door shut on availability of firmware for certain phones. What truly drives me crazy is that there is no particular reasoning to follow with them.

But it is what it is and nothing we do can change that. Hopefully we will still be able to use certain files if we have them downloaded and set up to run regardless of whether the kdz or tot files are taken off the web sites.

I do have the LG flash tool on my desktop already loaded with the L70 dll and tot files ready to flash. All I have to do is change port to 41 and then its a full go from there. The LG flash tool keeps the settings for tot and dll files ready to flash. I'm thinking that maybe I should also do a full set up with the kdz method just to have as many links as possible. I would advise anyone with their phones rooted to make sure that they are also set up to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones