• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything" thread for the Virgin Mobile HTC EVO

However the cheese has been moved and there is a second OTA the effects of which are not completely known at this time.
That's all the more reason to do S-OFF with the RUU and the November OTA when you are comfortable with the process since that will allow you to install the March OTA with the ability to back it out if there are any negative side effects.

ramjet73

Reactions: OverByter
Upvote 0
Ramjet, I hear you, and I continue to wonder if there are any positive (or negative) effects to flashing the March OTA firmware zip you were kind enough to post. There are a few reports of improved reception, but not enough to say there is a trend. Because the "connection optimizer" with its forcing of WiFi was a part of the March OTA, I am very wary of the entire package.

My phone was screwed up for a while and your answers and explanations were a major help in getting it sorted out.

Reactions: ramjet73
Upvote 0
Hey, I'm sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I've read through this thread and don't think I've seen someone ask it so ... I'm currently S-OFF, running TWRP v1.1.1 and 1.04 HBOOT and would like to switch to jBear hboot 1.50.5050 and 4ext touch recovery. Is it safe to flash the file in the first post? I figure the hboot is safe to change but would there be a problem switching recoveries via this method? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hey, I'm sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I've read through this thread and don't think I've seen someone ask it so ... I'm currently S-OFF, running TWRP v1.1.1 and 1.04 HBOOT and would like to switch to jBear hboot 1.50.5050 and 4ext touch recovery. Is it safe to flash the file in the first post? I figure the hboot is safe to change but would there be a problem switching recoveries via this method? Thanks in advance!
Yes, it's safe to flash the file. If your radio has been updated to the March OTA Radio (1.09.0108), you will be downgrading your radio and some other firmware files in the process. You will also be flashing a fairly old copy of 4EXT Recovery.

Upvote 0
Wich one is the most current radio? 1.09.00.0706 or 1.06.00.1216

Also i see people saying : 1.06.00.1216 downgrading? im confused

1.09.00.0706 is newer. It's one of the ICS radios. The other one mentioned was the latest GB radio before the ICS update.

However, there is a newer one than both of those (1.09.00.0108) from the March update this year. You can find all the radio versions listed in order in my thread here: http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/648902-radios-hboot-firmware-all-downloads.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones