• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The future of The Rezound: Ex Battery Discussion

I was hesitant at first about the size because it's in my pocket all the time. I'm a sparky and wear a carhart tool belt for 8+ hours a day. I really couldn't even tell the difference to be honest. If I was wearing some tight ass jeans you'd feel it but thats not the case with most men. LOL. Phone is unplugged @ 5am with no bump charge screen is maxed out performance on high and some apps auto updating every few hours. Around an hour of web surfing various texts a couple calls and some game playing and as of this message @ 8:39 I'm at 39% battery. I got the battery @ a Verizon store which has 50% off until december 31st. The battery is awesome. Hopefully that helps some people who are on the fence about getting one.

Upvote 0
Htcpedia has an 1800mah that fits under the stock cover of the rezound. Its 40 bucks though for an extra 180mah.
Extra Capacity Battery (1800mAh) for HTC Rezound

I think that's an old link. If I click on it I go to the 1800mah battery, but if you try to get there by selecting the Rezound and then going to the battery section, there are only the stock 1620mah, the extended 2750mah, and the 2750mah with the battery door.

HTCPedia had a 1700mah and a 1800mah available for the Rezound right after it launched, but then pulled them saying they had issues in the Rezound.

Yes Seidio makes slightly extended batteries, but having tried them in my Droid Incredible and in the Thunderbolt, they don't really offer anymore than stock, maybe an extra half hour tops. The one for my Thunderbolt (1600mah) actually got less run time than the stock battery (1400mah). Considering they're usually around the same price as the HTC branded ones, it's doesn't seem like a benefit to me.

Upvote 0
It is the same battery as the incredible, vigor and a couple other phones
there are several battery sellers selling batteries and listing the rezound and incredible
amazon also has:

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-35H00168-02M-Standard-Replacement-ThunderBolt/dp/B005ON4GCG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1325894189&sr=8-7

With all due respect,

Why are you telling someone she is wrong, when you clearly do not know? And just one post up, you ask the question yourself that she answered?

Not polite.

Plus, she is right, and you, are not.

Upvote 0
I used a different more powerful battery (2250) in the Rezound and it worked great but I notice the battery indicator in the upper right shows the exclamation point
the battery worked great but I think I can't charge the battery when its in the phone with that indicator showing the exclamation point
has anyone noticed this before and is there a way around it. Normally, when you connect the charge cable to the phone the battery indicator will show it charging the the small light on the phone will stay solid
I noticed when I connected the charger for a while, it did not charge the battery and no solid light.
I guess I could always take out this battery overnight and charge it separately on a charger and then put it back in the phone in the morning; battery itself works great
was wondering if anyone knows how to get the battery indicator to work in this case; pretty sure that would solve the charging issue

Upvote 0
I use an external battery charger. Charges multiple batteries with its moving contacts. I'm never attached to an outlet anymore. I just swap stock and extended batteries/case from phone to charger. I love it. Had some worries due to being third party and cheap but either way was worth the try. I love it. Charges each and every battery to the fullest.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Lithium-Battery-SkyRocket-Micro-USB/dp/B006CV3S3C
41pPkJBn5vL._SS400_.jpg

Upvote 0
I used a different more powerful battery (2250) in the Rezound and it worked great but I notice the battery indicator in the upper right shows the exclamation point
the battery worked great but I think I can't charge the battery when its in the phone with that indicator showing the exclamation point
has anyone noticed this before and is there a way around it. Normally, when you connect the charge cable to the phone the battery indicator will show it charging the the small light on the phone will stay solid
I noticed when I connected the charger for a while, it did not charge the battery and no solid light.
I guess I could always take out this battery overnight and charge it separately on a charger and then put it back in the phone in the morning; battery itself works great
was wondering if anyone knows how to get the battery indicator to work in this case; pretty sure that would solve the charging issue

The exclamation in the notification bar is just saying that it is the wrong battery for the phone. There isn't a way around since it is the wrong battery for the phone.

Also, if something happens to the phone because of that battery, kiss your warranty goodbye. They'll want to see both the phone and the battery and if only one is defective or showing signs of damage, they'll assume that you were using at the very least a non oem version of the correct battery, which they can then use to invalidate the warranty. That's why they have that little clause in the manual that says to only use oem accessories. While non oem accessories may work with the phone, they can't guarantee that a battery from say Seidio has the same tolerances or specs, which voids the warranty.

Myself, if I'm using a $500 device, I'm not going to go with an accessory that saves me $20 versus the oem version if there is a possibility that it will damage it and void the warranty. But that's just me.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones