1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Great AT&T Debacle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kn1nJa, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Kn1nJa

Kn1nJa Member

Some of you may remember when I posted about my cell phone contract being sold to AT&T from Verizon. Well, I am very close now to getting a new "comparable" phone from AT&T to replace my Moto Droid.

The new phone that they will most likely be sending me is the HTC Aria. Anybody have any thoughts about this phone? Is it a good phone? Is it comparable to the Moto Droid? To be honest, I plan on switching back to Verizon after all this mess anyway. I am just curious (in the rare event that I might be stuck with the phone) as to whether or not this is a good replacement (even though nothing can replace my droid .... I love it so much).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. edgeupgx

edgeupgx Member

I would imagine if this happend you could get out of your contract without any penaltys and go with someone else that's what I would do screw at&t I work for them and wouldnt have their cell phone service

3. Kn1nJa

Kn1nJa Member

I am only transitioning to AT&T because of the merger of verizon and alltell (it made a monopoly in some areas, and our gov't made verizon sell contracts).

I find it sick that the best "comparable" phone is the Aria. I COULD get a captivate, but would have to shell out $200 and get a 2 year contract. Looks like I am going to have to stick with the aria. Anyone interested in buying 2 of them for cheap? >_>

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)

Going to move this to the Aria phone forum so that you can hear from actual owners.

5. jerkyboy

jerkyboy Member

I'm interested in buying one of them; I PM'd you.

6. I purchased an Aria last week. I absolutely LOVE the phone! The only major drawback is that there is not a lot of internal memory storage. I think it is only 384 Meg, of which 103 Meg is available to the user due to the useless locked in AT&T apps. If you root the phone however, you can get rid of them. The display quality is fantastic, the phone is super easy to use, slim and sleek, as a phone should be! It fits nicely in your pocket and isn't bulky!

7. dexmix

dexmix Newbie

the aria will show you just how much of a stuttery, laggy mess the first droid was.

HTC Aria Forum

The HTC Aria release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1200mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews