• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The impossible data recovery

M

Mxoner

Okay guys I got a question for the age's and its a three part question as well that makes it even more complicated... In general I am wondering if it is possible to install a app upon a micro sd (using a standard andriod device) that in turn can be popped into another android phone and work?

Second say, if this app that technically was able to be used from phone, to phone easily with transferable through a micro sd card, is there a method to force that select app to force start once the phone starts up?

In basic's I have a mother board of a cell phone I need information off of, but the only method that data is able to be removed, is a micro sd card slot. The reason being is the usb slot is broken, and so is the screen. So accessing the data the any original methods is out of the question, I'm just wondering if anyone happens to have a solution for me, or maybe something else I can try...

So you got data stored in the internal flash memory of a phone's logic-board? Does it power up at all if connected to the relevant parts, i.e. the rest of an appropriate model phone, like touch-screen, battery, etc. If it doesn't and it's dead, something like DriveSavers might be your only option, where they have equipment that can read data from the flash-chips directly, but extremely expensive though.

To answer the other questions, if you got an app APK on an SD, that usually can be installed in another device, but not automatically and not without user intervention. Basically the user has to browse to the APK and install it themselves. Android does NOT automatically run software from removable media, unlike Windows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones