• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The most annoying annoyance in annoyance history (Help)

To put it in simple terms, the Bluetooth feature on my Connect has gone ape$hit. If I connect any Bluetooth headset to my phone, and even TRY to make a phone call, my phone will glitch the living hell out of itself. Here are a couple of examples:

1) The phone will not connect to the "Phone" side of the Bluetooth headset, only the "media" side. After a dozen tries, phone and headset resets, I may FINALLY get it to connect.

2) After connecting, if I try to make a phone call, the call WILL NOT GO THROUGH. Highly frustrating and even more so when 10 minutes later my phone finally dials the number I tried dialing earlier.

3) The first couple of times when my calls wouldn't go through I thought, "Hm... Well, maybe I should just press dial again." Worse mistake ever.... :( I was forced to endure watching my phone dial the same person 3 times over and over after 5 minutes of waiting.

4) I finally manage to get into a phone call with someone on Bluetooth. YES!!!! We're talking and talking and 5 minutes into the phone call the "Phone" side of my Bluetooth once a f'ing 'gain disconnects, while leaving the "Media" side on.

My phone is rooted, and I have only frozen most of the bloatware. I had other apps frozen, but unfroze them thinking it might fix the problem. It didn't. I've used Download recovery to unroot to fix the problem. Nothing. I swear this is the first phone I've gotten close to throwing across a room and off a bridge. :mad: What is going on????????

In my experience Bluetooth has been dying feature on all of my Androids and even my BB before that. I think that last time I had a fully functioning Bluetooth was with my Motorola rocker. I haven't tried the headset feature but I'm pretty sure if its anything like trying to get it to sync with any other devices, its pretty frustrating and also doesn't work properly. Not that my comment helps I just wanted to share my complaints about Bluetooth as well.

Upvote 0
Holy CRAP!!!! Yes I did. Let me unfreeze that app, and see if that does the trick. :)
I've had various problems like these. I had uninstalled the stock web app before, and the Play Store would fail. Hopefully this fixes the problem.

Lol I have yet to find out why the hell does every single LG's android phone gets screwed up when you remove the music.apk its connected with the Bluetooth. And once you activate Bluetooth all hell will be raised on the phone and nothing will work. And this problem was present in my esteem and heard its in revolution g2x etc. If this will solve your issue or definitely should make sure to make this thread a tip or something so it helps out other k :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones