• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the new Galaxy Nexus-who's ready(verizon)

Although I'm not a Samsung fan either, I will be getting the new Nexus device.

Question for those that have done this before: for new phones like this new Nexus coming out, how does this work with early upgrade? My wife & I are on a typical fam share plan, and her phone(dx) is due for an upgrade. So, I'm going to use hers to upgrade mine (i know they let you do that), but my question is how does this work with pre-orders? Are you able to do this or are pre-orders ONLY for full price only purchases? Do I have to wait until it physically comes into stores before I can upgrade my current DX at discounted pricing (and of course renewing another 2yr agreement
ugh.gif
)?

Upvote 0
Although I'm not a Samsung fan either, I will be getting the new Nexus device.

Question for those that have done this before: for new phones like this new Nexus coming out, how does this work with early upgrade? My wife & I are on a typical fam share plan, and her phone(dx) is due for an upgrade. So, I'm going to use hers to upgrade mine (i know they let you do that), but my question is how does this work with pre-orders? Are you able to do this or are pre-orders ONLY for full price only purchases? Do I have to wait until it physically comes into stores before I can upgrade my current DX at discounted pricing (and of course renewing another 2yr agreement
ugh.gif
)?

If you buy on line you can order it using your wife's upgrade. Just fill everything out like you are replacing her phone. When the phone arrives call customer support and tell them what number you want to activate. I recently Duisburg this for a phone and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: foo
Upvote 0
I'll jump ship for it. When the deployment is over in JAN, I'll see what it and the Galaxy III look like and make the jump.
Tired of the restarts on the DX, buttons that won't turn off in the dock. Dam thing lights up my room. And the LCD display, nice and bright, but too bright in the night mode since it's LCD and edge lit. I think the AMOLED do not make light when the screen is black.

Upvote 0
I'm interested to see how the Prime/Razr situation works out

the Nexus device should have an unlocked bootloader, but VZW doesn't like that at all

OTOH, Moto has promised an unlocked/able bootloader in late 2011, which could be the Razr...

Let the debate begin!

I don't see Moto unlocking any bootloader on a phone.

Plus, have you seen the leaked pics of the Droid RAZR? It's butt ugly in my opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones