• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The new iPhone

Yeah for the past few years when you have owned WinMo/Android phones, you have been multitasking completely wrong.

Lol.. serious dude? I can pick and choose what multitasks and what doesn't. On android and winmo. Steve jobs has to approve an app to multitask. Yeah no thanks.

If it doesn't multitask like android/winmo, its not multitasking.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Upvote 0
I have had a few thought on the different people buying ipad vs iphone.

I noticed someone mentioned that it is two different sets of people looking at two different devices for different reasons.. But,something occured to me.. the fact that you no longer have to bring around 3 or 4 different devices is the main reason people fell in love with the iphone..

adults don't have to lug around a psp which could possibly look unprofessional, it serves as a phone and access to the net and plays music..

So now instead of a psp, a phone, an ipod, and a laptop.. it is one device.. So.. aside from the bigger screen the ipad doesn't really offer any advantages..and the iphone is now just as powerful...

Upvote 0
Apple has a fanatical following and all the Apple herd will queue up once againe for the new iPhone (yawn)

I've just picked up a Desire and I love it, but one of the things that appeals to me most about it is the massive amount of customisation it offers. I take it the iPhone4 will once again give users the standard grid of icons? big wow.

If you buy music from Apple then it makes a lot of sense to buy an iPhone regardless of the screen quality and multi tasking. If you're not into the world of Apple then, like me, you'll look elsewhere.

video calls? I had a phone that offered video calling over 3G and it worked very well, I called my wife from the UK when she was in Ireland - but holding a phone in front of you to speak to them felt really awkward and wasn't something we ever used again. It just didn't feel right and it cost a lot of money too! Video calls have already had their day and no one was interested; if they had been then all phones would already be equipped with this feature - it's been around for years.

It's a nice piece of kit, but it hasn't converted me; I love my new Desire.

iPhone 4? iPhone snore :) ;)

Upvote 0
You can get an android phone and video chat with anyone, anywhere, over the mobile phone network. And since the camera API is open to all, you can use a program of your liking too!

Or you can get a silly iPhone** and only video chat with other silly iPhones**, and only over a wifi connection. And since the Camera API is closed developers, I guess that means no skype video chats either..

** only works on iPhone 4. All other iPhones are not allowed.

Upvote 0
I have to say i have had several video calling phones and i have used the feature once maybe? there is just no need and it costs loads. Only able to do it over wifi? thats makes it even more pointless.

I am a fan of the macbook pro for me its an excellent bit of kit but i like to make things my own, the iphone you get the standard black screen and the icon layout. Am currently changing my homescreens on my Desire everyday just tweaking it to make it more useable for me i like this it makes it individual

So am afraid Mr Jobs needs to pull something a lot better out of the bag to make me want one

Upvote 0
I forgot what it day it was yesterday until I checked Facebook and saw "zomg iPhone 4 the best" everywhere from people who never talk tech :rolleyes:

I think it's a lot better than the 3GS but I wouldn't trade my EVO for one. The higher resolution is nice but there's no way I can go back to 3.5" after owning a phone with 4.3" of screen. I already know the camera quality will be way better than the EVO but that's not a huge concern for me. It boils down to the OS and I'll take Android every time. With Froyo coming out soon I'm not worried one bit. Plus it's locked down to AT&T. If they had a Verizon/Sprint variant then we're getting somewhere.

I had a friend say with iPhone 4 that Apple is staying the leader and that this was needed because other companies were catching up. I pointed it out to him that Apple was actually the company catching up and he just said everyone else copied Apple because Apple was perfecting it :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have had a few thought on the different people buying ipad vs iphone.

I noticed someone mentioned that it is two different sets of people looking at two different devices for different reasons.. But,something occured to me.. the fact that you no longer have to bring around 3 or 4 different devices is the main reason people fell in love with the iphone..

adults don't have to lug around a psp which could possibly look unprofessional, it serves as a phone and access to the net and plays music..

So now instead of a psp, a phone, an ipod, and a laptop.. it is one device.. So.. aside from the bigger screen the ipad doesn't really offer any advantages..and the iphone is now just as powerful...
the iPhone/iPad is far from a laptop... in fact, far from a netbook, in terms of pure capability

Upvote 0
The next big thing in corporate sabotage... wifi bombing!
Transmitting overpowered wifi signals into events like wwdc with a directional anntenna!

You can make fun of this all you want. It makes a good laugh but the point is, he did make it work in the end.

To this day, no matter how hard I try, I still can't get pure-ipsec to work on Android. This is like the #3 all-time bug request:

Issue 3902 - android - Feature Request: "pure" ipsec vpn client (cisco-compatible) - Project Hosting on Google Code

The list for request grows daily. The number of IT decision makers who recommend Android are withdrawing their advocacy until this happens.

I can laugh at Steve Jobs but Apple is probably laughing at the fact that the lack of ipsec (and a host of other enterprise features) will pretty much stop and kill Android adoption in the corporate enterprise.

And average joes do need these features. I can't use my Android phone for work period without them.

Upvote 0
The next big thing in corporate sabotage... wifi bombing!
Transmitting overpowered wifi signals into events like wwdc with a directional anntenna!

You can make fun of this all you want. It makes a good laugh but the point is, he did make it work in the end.

To this day, no matter how hard I try, I still can't get pure-ipsec to work on Android. This is like the #3 all-time bug request:

Issue 3902 - android - Feature Request: "pure" ipsec vpn client (cisco-compatible) - Project Hosting on Google Code

The list for request grows daily. The number of IT decision makers who recommend Android are withdrawing their advocacy until this happens.

I can laugh at Steve Jobs but Apple is probably laughing at the fact that the lack of ipsec (and a host of other enterprise features) will pretty much stop and kill Android adoption in the corporate enterprise.

And average joes do need these features. I can't use my Android phone for work period without them.

The average person generally doesn't use their phone for work. And if they do, blackberry is still king.

And swapable batteries is a must for any business user. Having a battery on standy is a lot better than having a phone glued to a charger. Defeats the purpose of an iphone. My mom learned this the hard way. Her brand new 3gs is dead before day end. And she doesn't even use high power features like data streaming. Only the phone. Meanwhile, the rest of our family can talk all day on our phones, while out and about doing various tasks, without worrying about running out of juice. All we need is a quick battery change to a fully charged battery.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones