• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The (Official?) “I’m Married” Thread

1000014209-jpg.579052

Upvote 0
Ah, married life...

My Darling Bride had asked me to pick up a nice, big pork roast that she could cook. No problem, I was going to the store anyway... and one of the things I picked up was a massive beef chuck roast for the crockpot. I prepared said roast this morning, covered up with potatoes and carrots, while she was asleep. I started it on low heat.

I'd made it a hasty trip, though, and went back to the store this morning to finish shopping while she was still asleep. As soon as I walked in the door she looked up from her coffee cup and started telling me I shouldn't have started cooking the roast so early because it will be an overdone mess by evening... and besides, why am I cooking her roast , that she requested, when she was planning to do it? I asked her if she'd actually seen the roast, as it was completely obscured by the vegetables.

No, she said, she just ASSUMED it was the pork roast she'd had me pick up for her. I told her that it wasn't her pork roast, but an enormous chuck roast that needed all day to cook. She just automatically thought I'd started cooking the pork roast when it was clear that she wanted to cook it. I told her there was no need to assume anything... I have a cell phone and she could just ASK me.

Then she had the audacity to bust on me, for busting on her, for busting on me over an assumption she made!!! I tell ya, some days I can't win for losing...

:oops:

Upvote 0
Yes dear has served me well for the last five years. It only took 45 years to fully appreciate the futility of any other response. :)
In my latest book "Romance and Chivalry in Modern Society" I talk about heading off arguments before they start by saying the Five Magic Words to a Long and Happy Marriage:

Sorry, Honey, I was WRONG

Upvote 0
^- That's LOVE.

The Darling Bride once spontaneously asked me, "if I ask you for a star, would you pull it down for me?"
I replied, "no... I'll pull down all the stars and then you can choose."

:)
…as opposed to Ralph Kramden, who would send Alice to the moon so she could pick her star from there? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones