• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official "I got my Note 7!" First Impressions Thread

Is the battery life on the Note 7 not as long as the iphone 6s plus? This is my first Samsung/android device. Been an iphone user for 5 years and I just recently got the new "safe" Note 7. However, I am a bit disappointed with the battery life. On average, I would get about 9 hours with just normal use, as compared to my iphone that can last me from morning to night, even with heavy usage. In addition, is it normal for the battery to decrease at least 2% within just a few minutes of using it after a full, 100% charge? I find that I am having to give my phone a bit of a charge at least twice a day just to have enough juice to last me from morning to night, which is about 14 hours.

I heard others stating that i should drain the battery a few times. This will be my second night doing that and I will see if the battery improves.

Are others experiencing this problem or is that just the way Samsung/android is?

Other than that, I am still learning the trick and how to about android and the phone itself.

Upvote 0
RyRy808, I've found in the past that these Li-ion batteries sometimes get better with multiple charge & discharge cycles so give it a chance unless you get close to your return or exchange date then bring it back and get another one.

Also if you're in a fringe signal area it may be burning juice searching for signal.

You can't compare iPhone to Android because there's alot more going on with these phones IMO.

Reactions: kokiangel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones