• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root the right way

WARNING!!!! DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER ON YOUR ADMIRE!!

...unless you want a new paper weight!

http://androidforums.com/admire-all...way-brick-your-new-phone-rom-manager-you.html

ROM manager tries to write to a location on some Samsung phones in the same location as your boot files from what I hear... so stay the hellaway from that app until someone figures out how to develop one for the admire to work... just Stay away from it.

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
theres more than just ROM manager tho..theres GooManager(beta) and Romtoolbox. ive used goomanager for rebooting into recovery withut having to turn off and do the finger shit and installing the latests gapps.
ive used rom toolbox for loading up boot anis, build tweaks, speed/batterytweaks, backing up apps, reinstalling apps(saved me loads of time when flashing back and forth from cm7 beta to my backup) and just about everything else. but, ive never flashed a rom thru them yet, havent looked to see if its safe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones