• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The "+" sign to add additional lock screens is missing!?!?!?!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was trying to add multiple widgets to my lock screen. (S3 JB). I discovered that Multiple widgets must be selected in the Lock screen settings. Also discovered that this really means Multiple lock screens not multiple widgets on a lock screen.

Also you swipe to the right to get to the +. Also on my phone (Bell) I had to get rid of a built in Email widget set up lock screen first.

And another thing when you get to the additional widgets screen there are only about 10 widgets available.

Upvote 0
I see this thread is old, but I just got a new Galaxy S3 with Kitkat. I had the plus sign to add a lock screen widget once. I think the problem is a glitch in the software as I may have accidentally dragged the new widget "plus" screen to the trash and it never came back. I can still swipe the clock to the right during music playing to get to the music lockscreen widget, but that's it. I have "multiple widgets" checked and still no "add" screen.

I also just did a factory default wipe, which still didn't fix it (or most other problems I'm having with this one-week old phone)

Anyone ever figure anything else out on this lock screen widget problem?

Upvote 0
So I unrooted and reset totally to stock using the onboard Verizon update software, which downloaded and installed the most up-to-date OS direct from Verizon via USB. Yes, it's starting from scratch, but sometimes that's what needs to be done.

After the fresh install, this clean slate also fixed some of the battery drain issue. I'm still getting a ridiculous amount of "System" use, but after re-rooting and disabling/freezing a lot of apps, I'm so far getting through a whole day with 50% battery use (at least until I get home and am stuck with 3G, anyway.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones