• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tattoo is rooted!

-bm-

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
Good news!
Some devs over at xda-developers.com have managed to get root!
It's all in an early state of development but it is reproduceable and we have got a first howto. We did it by porting and geting an exploit to work, not by flashing something. So there are no custom roms out now, but I hope the development will begin.

There is a place where I try to keep track of all the development going on and to collect all howtos etc we have got so far:

Rooting the Tattoo(its done!) - what we have got so far - xda-developers

Have a lot of fun!
-bm-

this was almost our root . . . now that you guys have it, get your devs to help out our Eris team!

You are right! I'm very sorry for the eris-devs because they really did much of the work that brought us root and now it turns out, that the hole this exploit use seems to be patched in the eris-kernel. :-(
But the race isn't over yet. Have root doesn't make flashing custom roms trivial.

-bm-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones