• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The V might be just a part of history very soon

Fear not the EOL!

So often, and EOL (end of life) announcement causes a reaction in users that makes it seem the device will stop working and turn to coal on that day. If you're happy with your phone, keep being that! I would suggest that you avoid using or even looking at its replacement though. ;)

Upvote 0
If the Elite was going to make the V a part of history, don't you think the V would have been able to that to the Intercept? My V has served my needs quite well for the past 13 months and I'm sure it will for quite a while to come. I'm not looking to replace it any time soon. I've been running MiRaGe since mrg666 first released it and am a loyal follower of his ROM. It runs smooth, fast and I have never had any problems with bugs or glitches. Add links2sd, and I have all storage space I need.

Upvote 0
My OV will continue to serve me for years to come.

This. OK maybe not years, plural - but at least one. Can't say it won't slip out of my shirt pocket into the toilet (tmi?)... And if i ever come across anything sexy & reasonably priced with a front-facing camera and bigger screen - i just might jump on it... In at least a year or so, assuming i'm back to work by then...

I think i use more than my fair share of the ellipsis... I could be wrong...

Upvote 0
I'm not saying that if some shiny new flagship phone just landed in my lap I'd say "No thanks!" Just when I consider my technology budget, I have to make everything last just as long as I can. My truck is old enough to drive itself, and it isn't scheduled for replacement for another decade or so. My Optimus might not do everything, but it does more than any phone I'd owned previously. I plan to keep this phone until it dies, or is so outdated that I can't get service for it anymore.

Upvote 0
I'm not ready to give up mine until they have a phone as tough as this one with 4G LTE.
Question: How long will VIRGIN MOBILE continue to support the Optimus V?

Probably as long as you pay your bill. Even if it was frozen today, Jerry's rom is very good and is more maintainable than stock. What I really want is something with a larger screen, but there seem to be too many issues with the Triumph.

Upvote 0
I don't think this will happen since VM just brought out the optimus slider. This phone has all the specifications as the slider.....except its lacking a keyboard....this just doesn't seem logical to me...unless they bring it out in like a year or two....I just wouldn't get my hopes up, nor would I buy it I would get something with a 4" screen unlike the V with the 3" screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
The V is an awesome device, I have no plans to replace it. I really enjoyed the V in stock form but rooted with 2.3.7 and overclocked to 864 MHz it's a completely different phone, and it's tough as nails (I've dropped it three or four times since buying it in Feb. 2011).

Do I wish I had 4G? Sure, but WiFi being avail a lot of places now means I am less dependent on 3G. I mean, email and GPS maps load fast enough on 3G which is what I use it for mostly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones