• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] BigDXSerenity * Froyo2.2 Custom Theme Experience * 8 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM!! *

Well its not quite a rom....yet :D

Here's some more pics to help sway you

snap20100928134228.png

snap20100928133703.png

snap20100928133659.png

snap20100928133723.png

snap20100928133713.png

snap20100928134155.png

ok. i finally installed this theme and its awesome. but how do i get the su, root explorer and all the other ones that didnt come with it. im probably not making any sense. i cant seem to find the apps in either astro or root explorer to move to !BIGDX. also it says in this thread there is an update with more icons in it. cant find that either. can you help me out? i down loaded the auto-sign zip, although i dont know what it does, really. do i need to plug into my pc for this? i got a few of them to change...slacker, handcent and the ones i could find on my sd.

Upvote 0
ok. i finally installed this theme and its awesome. but how do i get the su, root explorer and all the other ones that didnt come with it. im probably not making any sense. i cant seem to find the apps in either astro or root explorer to move to !BIGDX. also it says in this thread there is an update with more icons in it. cant find that either. can you help me out? i down loaded the auto-sign zip, although i dont know what it does, really. do i need to plug into my pc for this? i got a few of them to change...slacker, handcent and the ones i could find on my sd.

You don't move anything to !BIGDX, thats where the theme puts the installers for 3rd party apps. After installing the theme you must navigate to the !BIGDX folder on the sdcard and install each 3rd party app manually. For theming of paid apps, you do not need auto-sign anymore. With the new update method just extract the Root exp, or Widget Locker skin you want and click the run.bat file inside while phone is plugged in. Please read instructions in first and second posts again and if you have problems ill be glad to help ;)

btw, we removed the themed superuser for now since we had some issues with it, you can either hide that icon with launcherpro or wait for next update if you want that icon themed.

Upvote 0
oh. well when i couldnt find shoot me and root explorer i thought the line in step 5 that says "third party apps copy to !bigdx" meant that i was supposed to do that. youll have to excuse me. this is my first attempt at a theme.

Root explorer and widget locker have to be done separately. It is really easy now though, a lot easier than when the theme was first released.

Upvote 0
oh. well when i couldnt find shoot me and root explorer i thought the line in step 5 that says "third party apps copy to !bigdx" meant that i was supposed to do that. youll have to excuse me. this is my first attempt at a theme.

Not a problem, we all have to start somewhere :)

Shootme is not included as a themed app yet, will include in a update soon. Root explorer is a paid market app so we cannot include a themed app like we do with the others. We can however provide separate update zips just to theme certain aspects of paid apps, such as we are doing for root exp. and widget locker, and Beautiful Widgets soon ;)

If you read instructions again you'll find the procedure for installing the current root exp themes, its not too hard.

The reason for not releasing like other apps is as you suspect, we would be providing these apps free of charge which we would never do.

If anybody would like to see a paid app themed, please make a request and we will try to do it for you, we might not be able to theme the whole app right away but we can at least do the launcher icon for you :)

Check xda thread for the upcoming list...

Reactions: brandonmg99
Upvote 0
oooohhhhhhh......now i understand. one more dumb question. i noticed in one screen that the market is black and red. i still have the stock white and green. did that change? ill give those instructions a shot now. again, thanks for all your help!!

We will look into it. If anybody else noticed, bfore when you downloaded from market and checked the status in notification the text was black so you coudn;t see it, should be fixed now.

Upvote 0
Not a problem, we all have to start somewhere :)

Shootme is not included as a themed app yet, will include in a update soon. Root explorer is a paid market app so we cannot include a themed app like we do with the others. We can however provide separate update zips just to theme certain aspects of paid apps, such as we are doing for root exp. and widget locker, and Beautiful Widgets soon ;)

If you read instructions again you'll find the procedure for installing the current root exp themes, its not too hard.

The reason for not releasing like other apps is as you suspect, we would be providing these apps free of charge which we would never do.

If anybody would like to see a paid app themed, please make a request and we will try to do it for you, we might not be able to theme the whole app right away but we can at least do the launcher icon for you :)

Check xda thread for the upcoming list...

Could you please add twydroyd pro to the list? Thanks

Upvote 0
I Had the 926 version and the market was themed and so was the icon. I flashed and installed ApeX and then the red 1014 and now everything is fine except the icon for the market, the market itself is themed? I have reloaded the theme several times and nothing, and I already deleted the old versions off of my pc. Any idea how I can fix this? Have you guys released the icons for the non rooted that I could snag the icon from? My OCD is kicking in lol

Upvote 0
I Had the 926 version and the market was themed and so was the icon. I flashed and installed ApeX and then the red 1014 and now everything is fine except the icon for the market, the market itself is themed? I have reloaded the theme several times and nothing, and I already deleted the old versions off of my pc. Any idea how I can fix this? Have you guys released the icons for the non rooted that I could snag the icon from? My OCD is kicking in lol

We are hoping to have an update out by tomorrow, i'll make sure market icon is fixed although i'm pretty sure it was ok in the last update too :thinking:

Upvote 0
We are hoping to have an update out by tomorrow, i'll make sure market icon is fixed although i'm pretty sure it was ok in the last update too :thinking:

I tried to reinstall the 1014 3 times yesterday and nothing. I noticed that I forgot to remove the blur stuff from of before I installed it over the ApeX Rom so after I removed blur and started from a fresh flashed sbf, installed ApeX, then BigDX everything is fine.

Upvote 0
Well, I renamed it, put it in /data/local through root explorer and I'm still getting the eye animation. Anything else I need to know?

You can try checking the permissions on the file, make sure its set it to
user-r,w
group-r
others-r

If that doesn't work and you're sure there's nothng wrong with the bootanimation then you can replace the one in system/media

Upvote 0
I finally made a donation (not because you guys didn't deserve it, just because I was broke, lol)

Has anyone requested for you to theme folder organizer lite yet?

EDIT: I posted this on XDA also, not sure which you guys check more frequently

I just installed the themed dolphin browser but I can't add any of the add ons? Anything special I need to do?

Also when I install the red theme the market is themed, but when I install the orange theme the icon is not themed but the rest of the market is? I thought I fixed the problem but thats because I went from orange to red, now that i'm back on orange I'm having the issue.

Upvote 0
I finally made a donation (not because you guys didn't deserve it, just because I was broke, lol)

Has anyone requested for you to theme folder organizer lite yet?

EDIT: I posted this on XDA also, not sure which you guys check more frequently

I just installed the themed dolphin browser but I can't add any of the add ons? Anything special I need to do?

Also when I install the red theme the market is themed, but when I install the orange theme the icon is not themed but the rest of the market is? I thought I fixed the problem but thats because I went from orange to red, now that i'm back on orange I'm having the issue.

Thanks!
Added folder organizer to list
We will have to look into DolphinHD, its probably happening because we had to resign the app when theming
Try clearing cache before installing zip

Upvote 0
You can try checking the permissions on the file, make sure its set it to
user-r,w
group-r
others-r

If that doesn't work and you're sure there's nothng wrong with the bootanimation then you can replace the one in system/media

well that worked but i have wrong boot animation somehow. i took them out of both focused and blurry and i know they were the rubix cube but i got the plain android. ill have to get on their website. thanks again. did i see something about an update for this theme? again, i love it. ill put some pics up soon.

Upvote 0
well that worked but i have wrong boot animation somehow. i took them out of both focused and blurry and i know they were the rubix cube but i got the plain android. ill have to get on their website. thanks again. did i see something about an update for this theme? again, i love it. ill put some pics up soon.

The latest update was yesterday, it isn't on here yet but you can grab the latest version at XDA here: [THEME] BigDXSerenity ☢ 65 Packages/3500 Images ☢ 8 COLORS TO CHOOSE ☢ Froyo 2.2.* ☢ - xda-developers I just got my update today

Upvote 0

ok. i got on wjd site and downloaded the rubix boot animation. but all i get is the plain android. wtf and i doing wrong? changed the permissions. copied to system/media. moved the eye boot. 3 rubix boot animation zips and all i get is that generic android animation...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones