• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Cool Blue v1.1 CWR [UPDATE 9.4.11]

theme is looking great as usual echo .. I totaly agree with the other comments there may be a couple minor things but in no way takes away from the quality theme you have here. I have my personal preference in battery meter so I never noticed the one in theme because i changed it (hope ya don't mind ) :D

Upvote 0
echo, can you tell me if i'm on the right track...

i downloaded bloodawn's SimpleBlue3.1NoCIQ which has power widgets and no CIQ mod. i used 7zip to open up your framework-res. I copied over the contents of your drawable-en-mdpi, drawable-land-mdpi, drawable-mdpi and drawable-nodpi to the corresponding folders in his framework-res. i then replaced his font with yours and added your apps to his app folder. everything seems to work ok, although i'm not sure how i check if no CIQ mod is working.

Are there any other files that i should change in framework-res?

and if anyone wanted to try and do this i got a bootloop when i tried to flash right over shabbymod 9.0. I had to go back to stock, flash shabbymod, flash simple blue 3.1 then flash my edited version of SimpleBlue3.1NoCIQ. which is also what blood says should be done in his thread IF you get a bootloop.

Upvote 0
Check your running services and if you see IQ Agent Service then its still running
Duh....I've been using 3rd party task managers so long I forgot about that.thanks, purponic. I haven't run into any problems so far. Power Widgets and. IQ mods are working. Only thing can't get is the fonts. But that's from shabbymod. Ugh I should have tried another clock widget.LOL can I just use uot. And upload this framwork-res?

Edit*
Used Custom Android Font Switcher from Market to change font.

Upvote 0
So I was able to make a version of this theme for myself that is Echo's 1.1 version, with carrier IQ removed, and the Notification power widgets from Bloodawn's Simple Blue all working.

I get all the functionality I like from Simple Blue and all the Beautiful visual's from Cool Blue.
AND I had almost no clue what I was doing before I started. Now I'm slightly more informed! yay!

Upvote 0
Just had to drop a thanks to you for your work here echo .. hope you don't mind the minor edits but your theme is looking great

screenshot_1.png

Upvote 0
Alright, so Im running one click root, cmw installed with odin, tried installing this theme with shabbymod 9.0 and my current set up stuck in bootloop. What am I doing wrong here? I moved to sd and installed from sd says its done I reboot and its screwed?

clear your dalvik cache and do a factory reset and reboot your phone and see if it still bootloops... if not then go back into CWM and install it again. FYI.. you should always clear your dalvik cache and do a factory reset before installing anything. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
How do you clear the dalvik cache? I did the factory reset and still stuck on the boost mobile sign. Ill try to reinstall the zip and another factory reset then hopefully it will work. I sure hope so cause this theme looks sick!

umm do i need to hit apply sdcard update? sry going off memory cant remember what it actually says.... i know below this it says install complete

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones