• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] xTheme 0.4 (Droid X) for Froyo 2.2 FRF84B (7/11/10)

I've been sticking with Nexbeast 1.1 as it has run flawless for me, especially once the wifi issues were solved, but may go ahead and try this theme out....

On a side note, I saw in one of the screen shots for the Droid X an app on the home screen that said "Voice Mail"....does anyone know if this is simply a different icon for Visual Voicemail or is this a completely different app? Fab, does your theme have this voice mail icon?

Upvote 0
How does this icon look (thanks tom108) ?

iconfix.png

I'm also gonna fix some of the uglies in the browser.

If anyone knows how/which .xml file to edit for system wide button text color, I can also fix the black text on black buttons :)

Upvote 0
Hello

I installed this theme, and it looks great! However, I don't think it completely worked. I am running the latest BB froyo. Some things look different on mine. For example, when I long press the home screen and it pops up to add widget, shortcut, etc... The icons are not changed. Also in the browser, the bookmarks icon is black with the star off center. One other thing, text is black in a dark grey background when I have to select something... Like ok or cancel when changing brightness. I'm just wondering if that is how the theme was designed?

Other than those things, I am very pleased with this theme! Looks great on my droid.

Upvote 0
SP recovery version is up.

@rlblosser

Yeah, I need to fix the browser, it's messed up a little bit still.

As for the black text on black buttons, I'm stuck with that until I can find out how to change the text color for system wide buttons. I haven't found a single page about this on the web!

As for your home screen pop up, are you using the default launcher or a replacement?

Upvote 0
Yeah, those icons for the pop ups are defined within the stock launcher, not the framework, so if you use a different launcher, it will use its own defaults.

Also, upon closer examination, the bookmark/stop/go buttons in the browser are black because they call from the framework. So in order to have all the buttons black prevalent throughout the system, I guess those buttons will have to stay black. Oh well

Upvote 0
Yeah, those icons for the pop ups are defined within the stock launcher, not the framework, so if you use a different launcher, it will use its own defaults.

Also, upon closer examination, the bookmark/stop/go buttons in the browser are black because they call from the framework. So in order to have all the buttons black prevalent throughout the system, I guess those buttons will have to stay black. Oh well

Hey Fab, just out of curiosity....why don't these work on ROMs built from source? I looked at the framework and they're practically the same. When installing it, doesn't it just overwrite the png files with png files that have been modified?

I also tried to just implement the framework into a ROM built from source instead of just applying the update and that to didn't work. I do know what I'm doin in that area, since I've done it plenty of times before. What's so different about source?

Upvote 0
It's not the png's that's messing it up.

It's all the layout, drawable .xmls and services.jar that's not compatible.

You should be able to theme the framework by extracting the images out of my framework and injecting them into the source build ROM's fw.

Ok. I'mma give that a try now and see what happens. I really like the theme, so I'mma see what I can do.

Reactions: mikeysangramsay
Upvote 0
Cool. Let's see how it turns out :D

I'm just working on some little nitpicky details now. How do you guys like this MMS icon? Or do you prefer the stock black, smiley face one?

mmsnotify.png

I like the one that's there now. It's something different that what we've been seeing. I like going outside the box sometimes.

Upvote 0
If you guys didn't like the original launcher, and are too lazy to modify the FW to get the browser icon placed, ADW Launcher goes right over replacing the stock launcher, still. Though I'm sure you all knew that, already. Damn nice skin, again, Fabo. My friend said that it won't be compatible with a sourced FroYo? That's disheartening.

Upvote 0
If you guys didn't like the original launcher, and are too lazy to modify the FW to get the browser icon placed, ADW Launcher goes right over replacing the stock launcher, still. Though I'm sure you all knew that, already. Damn nice skin, again, Fabo. My friend said that it won't be compatible with a sourced FroYo? That's disheartening.

Nope.....couldn't even use the png files from Fabs theme and put them into the FW on Sapphire. I'm using ADW now. I transitioned from LauncherPro, and man in my opinion I've been missing out. But yeah just have to wait and see. I hope Fab isn't the only guy that has the idea of putting the Droid X theme on a ROM. I hope someone else can do something. That FW isn't easy at all yo...

Upvote 0
Yeah, ADW is the shizz. The dev (Adam?) has added so much stuff to his launcher in his last few updates. He updates it like every 2-3 days. Definitely the best launcher out on the Market. It goes with no question it's leaps and bounds over the stock launcher, in terms of speed and modifiable content.

Yeah it's definitely way better. Way different from when I first tried it....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones