• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Things working with Gingerbread update

Thanks to you guys I got a2sd working. Now I just have to get rid of the infamous "Google Talk Authentication Failed" warning...
try this. worked for me.

settings>applications>manage applications and clear data from all apps with google in their names then reboot. i believe the google frameworks one is the culprit but i cleared them all anyway.

Upvote 0
Thanks to you guys I got a2sd working. Now I just have to get rid of the infamous "Google Talk Authentication Failed" warning...

I had that Google Talk thing too. Sometime today I read on another thread the solution and it worked for me. I went to Settings, Manage Applications, All, Google Services Framework, and Clear Data. You may get some weird messages at first or have to reboot. But, it will get back in sync and the Google Talk error goes away.

I got the A2SD to work just now also. I already had a 1GB EXT4 sd-ext from using A2SD with Shabbymod and it was full of apps. I thought about just leaving it that way to see what happened, but I did not have the guts. So I used CWM to reformat the sd-ext.

A2SD works fine. Used the GUI to move all the apps and the Dalvik. I did notice that it did not take very long to rebuild the Dalvik when I rebooted, of course I do not have a lot of apps loaded yet either.

How do you make changes to this launcher. Like modify the bottom line and delete unneeded screens.

Upvote 0
Ok Im seeing something very strange, can anyone tell me if they are seeing anything similar.

If I turn on bluetooth my phone starts vibrating, no pop ups though then just goes blank then comes back on, not a reboot just like logout then log back in, then starts over again, I was able to get it to pair up after 6 or 8 of these "logouts" but it wouldnt do anything as it would just continue to logout.
I am leaving in the morning and will be gone all weekend so I wont have time to check it out but when I get back I will.

Upvote 0
Ok Im seeing something very strange, can anyone tell me if they are seeing anything similar.

If I turn on bluetooth my phone starts vibrating, no pop ups though then just goes blank then comes back on, not a reboot just like logout then log back in, then starts over again, I was able to get it to pair up after 6 or 8 of these "logouts" but it wouldnt do anything as it would just continue to logout.
I am leaving in the morning and will be gone all weekend so I wont have time to check it out but when I get back I will.

I just tried it out on mine and it appeared to be seamless.
Does it do that consistently for you?
If you're still having trouble with it, hit up the channel when you get back and we'll try to figure out what's going on

Upvote 0
I just tried it out on mine and it appeared to be seamless.
Does it do that consistently for you?
If you're still having trouble with it, hit up the channel when you get back and we'll try to figure out what's going on
ya its everytime i hit the check mark for bluetooth, it takes a few mins to get it turned off because the screen freezes and then, for lack of better explanation logs out then back in again.

Upvote 0
which kernel are you running?

CTMod is having the exact same issue and it's on Kouma 0.1. Not sure if that is what you are on or if that helps any but it is currently being reported as a known issue under his thread. If it's a problem with the kernel though they may be barking up the wrong tree...
im running the kernel I made.
If it is an issue on the ctmod I wonder if it is in the deodexed bluetooth.apk

as i am running with deodexed system and frameworks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones