• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of switching to a different phone...

swapped

Mar 5, 2010
I'm startin to get really irritated with the Hero. I have had it for about 3-4 months and pretty much ever since I got it, it has been aweful as a phone. Its a cool toy, but as a phone it just plain sucks. I have it rooted and tried many roms. Now running DC 2.09.01 and i have dialer lag as long a 1 min sometimes. Whats worse is someone will call me as i'm waiting for the dialer to dial (person i'm trying to call, because i now have to play phonetag just to get to take to someone becuase of this stupid ass phone) and so i hit answer and start talking and then about a min later it decided to finally dial so i have two conersations with the same number going......

AHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! I hate this phone right now!!!!!

Does anyone know if the Samsung moment is pretty decent phone. I might try to get Sprint to give me two of those for the ones i have now..........

i'm really dissapointed with this HTC design. My friend's Droid on verizon is rock solid compared to this.

Any recommendations???? Any roms i should try or would anyone really rocommend the moment? Or perhaps another phone that will works first and foremost as a PHONE!!!!

Thanks!

Samsung Moment will leave you pulling out your battery 5 or 6 times a day. That is, if you use it a lot. Like I do. If you don't use it, like the people on the Evo section who are getting 3 days battery, it'll be fine. However, I have to say, the Hero is by far (in terms of usability) leaps and bounds bettter. It won't leave you high and dry having to wait on it to re-boot to use it.

Upvote 0
I had similar huge delays with the hero and some of the cooked Roms (fresh, damage, etc.), and then I went back to the stock 1.5 ROM and suddenly it was fast, and worked as it should. No delays, and it was not slower than the cooked ones. And much more reliable.
I know everyone claims huge speed advantages with the custon ROMs, but they each have issues in my experience.

Aloysius is the one I am using now and it is the best custom 2.1 ROM I have tried. I suggest trying this one, or go back to stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones