• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This freaking update... Gps not workung now...

Well. I haven't been having issues until 2 days ago. The update was on the 11th wasn't it? So..I've been problem free for about 3 weeks.

However, I've started to notice that my GPS works when I'm in google maps etc. However, my HTC Weather widget is completely wrong on my location. It's usually a few hundred miles off. I can go into google maps, confirm it recieves my correct location. When I go back to the weather widget though it doesn't refresh to my correct location, still shows my incorrect one that it got from who knows where (I've never been to any of the places it has listed me).

It does eventually fix itself but it could be immediately or an hour or so.

Upvote 0
I have a gps issue and thought I would ask it here since we are on the subject. When I start an App called Aloqua, it uses GPS to find local things of interest. It turns on my gps and the icon shows in the notification bar. When I turn Aloqua off, the icon still shows. When I go into settings and turn off the GPS, this icon still shows in the notification bar. The only way to get it to go away is to restart the phone. Its an animated icon that looks like a satellite.

I'm thinking a couple things. The notification thing is broken and it was never on to begin with and the phone was finding my location through Wi-Fi or something, or gps was turned off, but the icon didn't get turned off.

Any ideas or anyone having any similar issues?

The App is awesome BTW.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have a gps issue and thought I would ask it here since we are on the subject. When I start an App called Aloqua, it uses GPS to find local things of interest. It turns on my gps and the icon shows in the notification bar. When I turn Aloqua off, the icon still shows. When I go into settings and turn off the GPS, this icon still shows in the notification bar. The only way to get it to go away is to restart the phone. Its an animated icon that looks like a satellite.

I'm thinking a couple things. The notification thing is broken and it was never on to begin with and the phone was finding my location through Wi-Fi or something, or gps was turned off, but the icon didn't get turned off.

Any ideas or anyone having any similar issues?

The App is awesome BTW.

Thanks!

This sounds like an app problem, not a phone or GPS problem. I'd suggest you email the developer to see what can be done about the left over icon.

Upvote 0
You JUST NOW got this update? GPS works fine for me but YouTube does not.
EDIT: OMG YouTube works again after you update using the RUU I posted a little further up.

No, I got the update back when everyone else did... As I've used my phone, I've noticed more and more things that no longer work.

Another really annoying thing that happened as soon as I updated is my phone will sometimes take forever to load the home screen after coming out of sleep. I'll hit the end key and the screen will come on with the HTC logo (like in your avatar). That will appear for like 30 seconds, then I get my background with the loading icon for like another 30 seconds. Finally, after a minute or more, my phone is finally ready. It's really annoying. And it happens randomly. Sometimes my phone will be working perfectly, I'll turn it off (put it in sleep) and immediately turn it back on again and it has to go through the whole HTC screen, then the loading screen, etc.

Upvote 0
No, I got the update back when everyone else did... As I've used my phone, I've noticed more and more things that no longer work.

Another really annoying thing that happened as soon as I updated is my phone will sometimes take forever to load the home screen after coming out of sleep. I'll hit the end key and the screen will come on with the HTC logo (like in your avatar). That will appear for like 30 seconds, then I get my background with the loading icon for like another 30 seconds. Finally, after a minute or more, my phone is finally ready. It's really annoying. And it happens randomly. Sometimes my phone will be working perfectly, I'll turn it off (put it in sleep) and immediately turn it back on again and it has to go through the whole HTC screen, then the loading screen, etc.

See my post in the other thread. You have something that's interfering with the way Sense is running. Try un- loading apps, especially ones that control programs, and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones