• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Threatening to switch to Verizon for early upgrade. How well does it work?

My contract isn't up till November. I called to find out my ETF ($105) and told them I was going to verizon for the thunderbolt. She offered me the Inspire for $50 and a $25 credit to my next bill. Also have a second line under contract till June 2012 and ETF of $125. Both lines have iPhone 4s... Pretty tempting offer if the thunderbolt is really delayed again...

Upvote 0
My contract isn't up till November. I called to find out my ETF ($105) and told them I was going to verizon for the thunderbolt. She offered me the Inspire for $50 and a $25 credit to my next bill. Also have a second line under contract till June 2012 and ETF of $125. Both lines have iPhone 4s... Pretty tempting offer if the thunderbolt is really delayed again...

Yeah, that sounds familiar! :D

Upvote 0

If you have a good payment history they probably firgure they are giving you $75 in discounts to keep you. Still, i usually dont resort to those tactics to get an early upgrade.

I am however guilty of threatening to switch from Time warner cable to satellite every 12 months to get $40 to $50 knocked off my MONTHLY bill (and get the introductory rate)...its crappy they make you do that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones