• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Three Step No PC Required Root,Recovery,Rom Guide [ZTE Awe Only]

Hey I have a question I have a ZTE N9132 not ZTE awe. But would any root from the awe work on mine. I have been trying to root this damn thing for ever it seems but no luck. I have no PC so I've been trying everything. Kingroot, kingoroot, towelroot, one click root etc. But none of them work. An when I used root checker it keeps saying su binary out of date. And I have no clue how to fix.
I heard Sprint has blocked root which I'm not sure if that is the reason I can't root. I had a cheap LG phone which rooted no problem. This one is giving me so much hell. I just don't get it. I just want my device ROOTED!! Any advice would help I'm so stuck I have no clue what to do next. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey I have a question I have a ZTE N9132 not ZTE awe. But would any root from the awe work on mine. I have been trying to root this damn thing for ever it seems but no luck. I have no PC so I've been trying everything. Kingroot, kingoroot, towelroot, one click root etc. But none of them work. An when I used root checker it keeps saying su binary out of date. And I have no clue how to fix.
I heard Sprint has blocked root which I'm not sure if that is the reason I can't root. I had a cheap LG phone which rooted no problem. This one is giving me so much hell. I just don't get it. I just want my device ROOTED!! Any advice would help I'm so stuck I have no clue what to do next. Thanks!

I have the (n9130) and you're screwed. No root, no hope, no way. This device cannot be penetrated. People tried, and failed. I feel your pain.

Upvote 0
I have the (n9130) and you're screwed. No root, no hope, no way. This device cannot be penetrated. People tried, and failed. I feel your pain.

Wow. No wayy at all! I could just throw this against the wall than! All this time wasted. Ugh. Even if I switch back to kitkat could I then?
(I'm. New to all this) Or is there anyway to update su binary? Since jt keeps saying outta date?

Upvote 0
Wow. No wayy at all! I could just throw this against the wall than!

Well, that's what I'm going to do with this one when I have the money to get something better.

As for the SU binary, the SU app should have an update binary option in the settings, but I doubt it will help your cause even if it does update.

I am currently researching manual rooting and locating information to help is daunting since many guides to the process include using many of the tools that are known not to work on this device and still others seem dependent on the bootloader being unlockable which, to my knowledge, the bootloader for the n9130 isn't. Still, I have quite a bit of info to dig through and at this point I'm hoping to find some way through ZTE's dickishness that will lead to root, but I'm not optimistic.

Upvote 0
I've downloaded supersu an su app But still says needs update. I've tried to download update su apks but still none of them will update them. And it doesn't face it where I can update them. I was wondering if you disable shell app from settings would that help the adb from blocking root. ... IDK. I'm so lost on this. Or if I downgrade to kitkat or up to marshmallow will that make a difference?
I really hate zte for doing this bullshit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thought this might be useful for those looking for a reliable guide to doing everything right from the phone.

1. Download and install RommasterSu zip below and install it and gain root. It is in chinese and will install proper root using a superuser app they like to call "Kinguser". Dont worry about all the chinese you see..just click the few prompts you see by selecting the buttons that are blue and on right hand side of screen at the bottom..then you will see a little red root button next to a small cartoon character,pick it to gain root..once root is gained move to step two.

2. Download and prepare to install [Root] Rashr below by first downloading TWRP Recovery from here on the forums. Once you have the recovery downloaded and in the root of your sdcard,install this app. You will be first prompted with a disclaimer,select "I know the risk" option and then select the big "recovery" button,and then select "Other from storage"..now select recovery.img [this is your recovery image,be sure to extract it from any zip it may be in,Rashr will need the base recovery img file]from your sdcard and allow the app to flash it,once the app flashes the recovery img it will offer the option to boot in to recovery.. Go ahead and reboot in to recovery and move on to step 3.

3. Once in recovery backup your current rom. Once that is done perform a wipe of cache,dalvik-cache,data,internal storage and system,and finally install rom of your choice and reboot. (Already have one downloaded and ready to try out..) I would suggest something like L Awe rom as something to begin with and you wont be disappointed. It is a well made custom stock rom.

edit: the zips proivided need to be extracted...use an app like root explorer.

also i made this guide after several failed attempts at using the pc methods on xp,vista and windows 7 devices..there was always some conflict between the phones drivers and pdanet on vista and windows 7 and xp refused to sideload anything on my pc and caused the pc to reboot when attempting to sideload...usb conflict...so if you do encounter any issues on your windows devices..this might be just what you are looking for.
The root didnt work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones