• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt versus Inspire?

Rayj00

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
I currently have the HTC Inspire. I like the phone but the battery issue is bugging me. The Thunderbolt is probably no better?

And can I use WiFi at home on the TB instead of 4G like i can on the Inspire?

Any other things you can tell me that make the TB a better phone?

Thanks,

Ray

PS: I recently upgraded my phones on AT&T when my contract ran out. So I got the Inspire. Now I am considering quitting AT&T in lieu of Verizon who has much better coverage.

I also ordered the 1800mh batteries for the Inspire. Would they fit the TB?

the thunderbolt battery issues have actually gotten a lot better with the more recent updates and there are simple things you can do to really slow down the battery drain.

i got the phone the day it was released and before the updates, i would be lucky to get a full day out of the stock battery, even with background data turned off.

before i rooted, i could squeeze 48 hours out of a charge with light use on the stock battery simply by turning off background data and a few other small setting changes.

now that i'm rooted and using an AOSP ROM, if i really wanted to, i could get a full 72 hours with light use on the stock battery.

i usually use my phone moderately throughout the day and after 12-15 hours, my battery will have at least 50% charge left (60-70% rooted)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones