• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
One or my coworkers and I used it the other day for the first time. This would be perfect if everyone at work had this app. I was very impressed by this feature. Now, my wife has to get an android phone and get rid of her blackberry, so we can chat.

My question is: If I close TiKL, and someone tries to contact me via TiKL, will my TiKL open up and alert me?

Thanks

MM47

Upvote 0
One or my coworkers and I used it the other day for the first time. This would be perfect if everyone at work had this app. I was very impressed by this feature. Now, my wife has to get an android phone and get rid of her blackberry, so we can chat.

My question is: If I close TiKL, and someone tries to contact me via TiKL, will my TiKL open up and alert me?

Thanks

MM47

No....it has to be running.

Upvote 0

Thanks

MM47

As long as you don't force close it with a task killer, people can contact you. If you are someone who likes to use a task killer all day long, you can add TiKL to the exclude list, so it won't get closed.

Upvote 0
I like to use this app to yell curse words at my girlfriend while she is with friends or at work. TURN YOUR PHONE OFF WHEN YOU'RE BEING SOCIAL OR WORKING AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM! You'd figure after the 12th time or so that she'd just uninstall it...

LOL

I just make sure when I'm not using it I put it in do not disturb mode. That way no one can contact me through it anyway.

Upvote 0
Well i convinced my co-worker to go android and he showed off his evo to me last week(phone is beautiful). I showed him the market and this was one of the apps i installed for him. (we're in shipping of aircraft parts so i thought it would be useful) Well he 'paged me' couple days ago drunk and the 'signal' was great, could here him loud and clear. I asked him if he was home being that he lives 25 miles or so from work, not that i was surprised that this app would work, merely curious. Turns out he was visiting his parents.... in Puerto Rico!!!!!!:eek: Thats 2000 or so miles away!!(cincinnati area) That blew my mind. I could hear him perfectly. Love the versatility of this app!

Upvote 0
So I installed this app a while back and removed it. I am back now.

Wondering how this works exactly ...

If I have it on and running, but in the background, and someone Tikl's me - will it just start talking, or do I have to actually hit the button to start responding (Like the Nextel works?)?

people can start talking to you with out you going to it, or even turning screen on, but when you do tikl will already be opened and you will have to hit the button to respond

Upvote 0
dimmit! I want someone to TiKL me. This app is not very fun with one player. I don't know anyone else with a android. Iphones and winmo's.
Maybe I'll go downtown tomorrow and look for androids an see if anyone wants to TiKL. :p

From the TiKL dev on facebook
TiKL - Touch To Talk Yes, it is headed to both the iphone and the blackeberry. ETA can be best stated as soon. Exact date is hard to predict since it will soon to go to Apple for approval. After that, we need to make changes that apple decides we need to make. Once that is done, it will go through the rest of their pipeline before it shows up in the app store. Stay tuned...we are doing our best to get it out as early as possible.

Upvote 0
From the TiKL dev on facebook
TiKL - Touch To Talk Yes, it is headed to both the iphone and the blackeberry. ETA can be best stated as soon. Exact date is hard to predict since it will soon to go to Apple for approval. After that, we need to make changes that apple decides we need to make. Once that is done, it will go through the rest of their pipeline before it shows up in the app store. Stay tuned...we are doing our best to get it out as early as possible.

lets see how apple bogs this down.. probably keep it that its iphone to iphone only. no cross platform, watch

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones