• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time Calculator app

Fadikine

Nov 23, 2009
An app that would let you add and subtract time for time reporting/man hrs. Example: If I worked from 8:41am till 10:13pm monday = Hrs. Min. + Wednesday I worked 5:15am till 12:45pm = Hrs. Min.

Also

If myself and 3 other workers work monday from 8:37am till 12:52pm and tuesday 6:15am till 3:00pm = Man Hrs. min.

Edit: updated to version 1.2. now has much larger fonts and some color added to specific buttons. also added subtraction of times (however it can't do negative values, just goes down to zero if you subtract greater than the total from the total - keep that in mind).

Please download from: AndAppStore : TimeCalc
there's a barcode installer there as well.

original message:

New App: TimeCalc - Time addition calculator (hh:mm:ss etc)
Out of the desire to write an app for android finally, and one that hasn't been done yet (at least not free that I can find on the market currently), and out of a necessity for just this kind of app since I work in music often and calculators are useless for hh:mm:ss types of addition, I decided to write what I feel is a truly useful utility.

of course it's free - but no I'm not releasing the source code. It sucks, and I'm just learning android development, and I just want to get this out there on the market sometime soon (but don't have the required $25 to pay for that yet!)

so here it is. I hope people find this useful.

Name: TimeCalc
What it is: Time addition calculator (hh:mm:ss etc)

requirements: Android phone. I developed it on 1.5 devkit and it runs fine in 1.5 emulator. on my 2.1 hero phone (official 2.1 taiwan rom) it runs perfectly too.

What you can do:

type in a time as seconds, minutes:seconds, or hours:minutes:seconds.

now hit the "+" button (which is plus or equals depending on how you think about it LoL). It adds the time you jsut entered to the total time value displayed. If that was your first entry, it just makes the total time value equal to what you entered.

Do this again. new total time.

times are always displayed in h:m:s format. you can mix and match entries - 5555:555 will be 5555 minutes and 555 seconds. if you had no total before and hit the += button it will now display 94:44:15 in the total box (I got that from running my app on my phone so I hope it's correct LoL... :)

Cheers, have fun people.

I've seen lots of requests for this all over the web.

filesize is all of 13 kb. no menu, nothing. just run the app. no custom icon yet. no versioned yet, but hell it's alpha code. however it DOES work and I just used it for cd track listing summing for one of my jobs.

I made the buttons sort of big so typing should be easy. it's go ZERO extra features.

version 1.2 fixes a screen rotation bug, makes fonts much bigger, and adds subtraction (although it won't go negative, just down to zero, keep that in mind when doing subtraction).

Please download from: AndAppStore : TimeCalc
there's a barcode installer there as well.

Don

Upvote 0
Time Calculator Free and Time Calculator Pro version 1.2 now available in Android market with much better looking UI with bigger buttons and a lot more input options.

Not all options are available in the Free version (Pro is only .99 cents and enables all input options) but here is a listing of some of the input options:

Input Examples:
3:10 + 2:30 =
3:10:05 + 2:30:10 =
9:15AM to 11:30AM =
9:15:10AM to 12:15:10PM =
9:15AM to 12:15PM + 3Hrs =
9:15AM to 12:15PM x 3 =
3Hrs 10Mins + 2Hrs 30Mins =
25Mins 15Mins 45Mins / 3 =
Other valid combinations also possible...

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.
Please do email if any issues using it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones