• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Time to get people involved for custom rom

Did you post the same pledge Corey , with a different user name? I'm guessing yes. I can't post to that xda page...I don't have enough posts.
As I posted at your Bounty post here, I'll match that first amount, after the consensus here is that the conditions are met. I don't have the knowledge to attempt it myself 'til confirmed by the smarter people here.

Upvote 0
I pledge $20 on xda. What kind of problems you have posting there, ickster?
As some of you might have guessed already, the feature that I need the most on this phone is wifi/usb tethering (preferably with Android native hotspot app). I'm somewhat ashamed to acknowledge that if I had that, I probably wouldn't be fighting so hard to root/custom ROM the phone, if it weren't also for this grassroots idea of freedom and privacy in the digital age... Anyhow, I'm in.

And how about starting a bounty thread on howardforums ?

Upvote 0
Once the HTC Thunderbolt comes out, maybe they'll change their mind...cause they'll have a ton of people working to root a heavily anticipated LTE Android

Thunderbolt wont be on MetroPCS. and is also HTC so really can use HTC stuff on Samsung Galaxy phones.

They dont seem to want to touch MetroPCS because its not one of the Top 4 carriers. I still dont understand that way of thinking. Why cant you help out everyone? Are the top 4 carriers Paying them? No. then what do they care so much about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones