• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Time to Root

If you tell us what phone you are using and the name of your carrier we will move your question to the appropriate All-Things-Root sub-forum.

Before root-ing I have one question ... did you do a major system upgrade like Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean? If you did, did you do a Factory Data Reset after the upgrade? It is VERY highly recommended and solves 99% of the issues.

... Thom

Upvote 0
My phone is beginning to act weird, like turning itself off for no reason! :thinking:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-stratosphere/775334-phone-shutting-off.html

I think it's time for me to try Rooting the phone. I have read about rooting my model of phone but need to find the hard copy and decide to do it.

Any suggestions, ideas, or to do or not to do comments?
Good luck, buddy, and keep us posted on how it goes.

It's your Stratosphere, right? I'd normally move a thread like this to the device's 'all things root' forum--but it's dead over there. So I don't know. :thinking: How about we try that and see if anyone replies?

Upvote 0
Yes, the Strat threads are pretty dead but I forgot about the root thread.

It is the Strat phone I'm referring to and Verizon is the carrier. It did have some ICS updates but it didn't fully upgrade to ICS. I believe I did do a factory reset after the minor ICS updates for other issues. I may try another factory reset but I'm also ready to give root a try, just for the knowledge!

Thnx.

Upvote 0
My phone is beginning to act weird, like turning itself off for no reason! :thinking:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-stratosphere/775334-phone-shutting-off.html

I think it's time for me to try Rooting the phone. I have read about rooting my model of phone but need to find the hard copy and decide to do it.

Any suggestions, ideas, or to do or not to do comments?

Thnx.
i will suggest you that update to official firmware and then see if the problem comes again that it might be another issue.

when every you do anything to ur phone to take backup. anyhow you can find firmware for your phone from here androidjinni[dot]com/android-firmware-lists/

i dont recommend you right now to go for another ROM or ROOT.. just update or restore your firmware first then see if the problem resolve then use appropriate ROOT file.

Upvote 0
i will suggest you that update to official firmware and then see if the problem comes again that it might be another issue.

when every you do anything to ur phone to take backup. anyhow you can find firmware for your phone from here androidjinni[dot]com/android-firmware-lists/

i dont recommend you right now to go for another ROM or ROOT.. just update or restore your firmware first then see if the problem resolve then use appropriate ROOT file.
It seems mine is not listed on that site. Looks like a good site though!

Search Results for: model sch-i405

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones