1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Time to say goodbye to my beloved LG V30

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Papamalo, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Papamalo

Papamalo Android Enthusiast

Looking to get a new phone this month and considering getting the LG V60. (minus the double screen which I don't need)
    Any thoughts? Or should I be looking at another phone for the same price. (around $450.00)

Thanks!
    PM

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G fills that wide gap.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

V60 prices have dropped but LG is out of the phone business now. Just a consideration.

They announced they will still do system updates for 3 years but I'm not banking on that.

The phone itself is great. The 2nd screen/case is not a necessity. I use my phone in a regular case and only use the 2nd case at home.

Quad Dac, headphone jack, sd card all still there and the battery is really good especially w/no second screen.

dontpanicbobby, olbriar and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Papamalo

I'd jump all over that, except I HATE how samsung just builds taller and thinner phones.
    We don't read text up and down we read it right and left. Having a tall thin phone is kind of useless for my needs.
    If they had something like that that was a half an inch to an inch WIDER, I'd be all over it.
    Thanks.

PitCarver likes this.
  5. Papamalo

What do you think will happen when they stop doing support for their LG phones?

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

They'll go where the old phones go for Android enthusiasts; in the bottom drawer of a nightstand.

You can change font sizes which could solve those scrolling problems @Papamalo.

7. Papamalo

Wow! Love the galaxy s21 ultra 5g and it's specs.
    Any ideas where I can get a great deal without signing on to a new carrier? I am on simple metro pcs.
    Thanks!
    PM

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Here in Jinan, China, I just got a nice deal on a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, and the local Samsung store had deals on Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G as well. Of course there's no carrier contract commitments in this country. What really sold me on the Note20 rather than S21, is the Note20 can use micro-SD for expandable storage and the S21 doesn't.

dontpanicbobby likes this.

LG V30 Forum

The LG V30 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews