• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup and Nexus 7

SecondShot

Android Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2011
Washington DC
Ok, I have researched this on the web and forum and can't find a solution. I am pretty knowledgeable about rooting, ROM switching, wiping and restoring in both TWRP and Titanium Backup HOWEVER:

Just rooted my new Nexus 7 and I really like it. I installed TWRP 241 on it as my custom recovery. Currently running Paranoid Android 3.0 (Android 421). Ok, here is the rub:

Backing up ROM works fine. But, when I do a normal Ti Backup (same procedure as my GNEX), it shows no apps to reinstall. The backup folder is there and populated. I don't know why it doesn't show the apps to reinstall.

I thought it might have to do with the file structure, but I don't have this problem on my gnex. Also, of note, is that none of the system files show up for backing up (usually in red and I know not to reinstall those on new rom).

In my research, I thought maybe I needed to install busybox again, but that option wasn't in the "problems" button on titanium so I manually installed it but still no joy. Ultimately I can save all to my computer and reinstall that way, but I am curious why the process doesn't work on the Nexus 7 like it does on the GNEX?

Thoughts and TIA.

i had this issue when i switched from a 4.1.x custom ROM to 4.2.x custom ROM.

i had backed up in TB when on 4.1.x, then on 4.2.x nothing was there. i had to connect it to my computer, and move the Titanium Backup folder from the old file structure to the new different file structure, and then all my apps were seen by TB.

Upvote 0
My own Titanium Bckup show's in my Nexus 7 running, 4.2.2, and it's probably because I have the pro Key installed after the free version, and set to the sd-card instead of emulated, as you guy's have hashed out here. So, I've never had this problem.

I do have a different back-up issue though, that I hope can get figured out with some help.

In recovery, I did a "Nandroid" backup. Like my phone, (also rooted, and which has an actual sd-card), I assumed I'd find this nandroid backup, in one of the folders, like CWM.

Looking all over with the PC, I don't know where it is.

Until checking with Titanium, then in Menu/Special Backup/Restore/ Extract from Nandroid backup .... there it is, 2013-02-17.16.56.41, so I boot into recovery, to find where this is physically, but am unable to see the tree. When given the choice to restore nandroid backup, and don't want to try that, (unless I wipe cache, wipe delvic cach, factory reset first) which I don't need to do.

Any help to understand these partitions is appreciated.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones