• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Titanium Backup

Sokudo Ningyou

Dec 8, 2010
SE Wisconsin
I want to do my last big backup before I wipe and go to GB. But when I click on Backup all user apps + data (since I just want to get it all now, then selectively restore later), it's only showing me 25 apps, and I KNOW I have more than that installed. Is it telling me only 25 apps actually have settings that need backing up and that the rest don't have settings like that?

The 25 doesn't include the system apps in your app drawer, only ones you've personally installed.

That was why I asked. Because I know I've installed more than 25 apps. Looking at the list, I don't see any of the games I've installed, or quite a few other things. Refreshing does nothing. I'm just a bit puzzled. Really, all I'm worried about is backing up my games data, because most of my other apps I don't mind if I lose the settings, and some of them I want to be wiped anyway. Plenty of them save their settings to the SD card, though; is that maybe why Titanium doesn't bother backing them up?

Upvote 0
Hmm. Maybe try clearing the TiBu data in settings/applications/manage apps. Force close it then re-open it. That's just weird. Under the backup/restore do you see them there? like not in batch mode>

No, looks like only 25 listed there too. Huh.

Wait, I figured it out. Somehow I had the filters set to Only User apps. (Though that's still weird, I know I have more than 25 installed!) Clicking All brings up 155. And...still missing quite a lot of apps I've installed. Ok. Stumped. Guess I'll try clearing the data.

EDIT: I just uninstalled then reinstalled, and that fixed it. And almost doubled the amount of listed apps. I can't imagine what went wrong originally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones