• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tmobile-MetroPCS Merger Updates & Questions

I stuck around due to my grandfathered unlimited plan being a good deal. But if they aren't going to honor it I'm off to the mothership (t-mobile). Actually not paying anymore (since I'm consolidating accounts on a family plan). I could've waited but I figure I'm better off doing it now before Metro fulling rolls out GSM in order to get maximum return selling my CDMA s3 on ebay.

I've been debating whether or not to sell my s3 now or later also.

Upvote 0
I DNS.

But I would like an S3 even though I don't really have the funds right now.

I say sell now.

You are IMO near the end of the Prime Time to sell it. You're at a year and a half before the end of CDMA. If I had the funds I might let them go for that 18 months of use. The closer that 18 gets to one year, the less likely I am to spend near $300. (And that's not even taking into account if Metro brings some other nice mid-tier device onboard in the mean time.) If I am going to only get a year or less use from it, the price drops a lot closer to $200 for me.

If you are going to sell it, IMO, you need to do that soon.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
Yeah I agree sell now. As the S4 becomes more widely available more people are gonna start selling their S3s.

Another thing, some Rumors have the Moto X coming as soon as Aug 1st and some even say it could have an off contract price as low as $200-$300. I know these are just rumors but Google is definitely pushing this phone and they're supposed to be spending half a billion on advertising it. Some people, myself included, would rather spend $300 on a shiny new customized device with a warranty than take a chance on a used phone. Sell now and leverage the most value for your S3 before it loses value.

Upvote 0
Yeah I agree sell now. As the S4 becomes more widely available more people are gonna start selling their S3s.

Another thing, some Rumors have the Moto X coming as soon as Aug 1st and some even say it could have an off contract price as low as $200-$300. I know these are just rumors but Google is definitely pushing this phone and they're supposed to be spending half a billion on advertising it. Some people, myself included, would rather spend $300 on a shiny new customized device with a warranty than take a chance on a used phone. Sell now and leverage the most value for your S3 before it loses value.

Since the moto X is what I have my eye on that price seen so tasty

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Upvote 0
Having an s3 I gotta say the phone does all I need without any issues, I still love my s3. But After playing with my wife's s4 I'm like man even though is not a huge upgrade From my s3 for the screen alone I'm willing to upgrade to the s4 the screen quality is excellent and I don't know anything about cores but the phone is lag free and delivers And I'm sure after rooting it will only get better, the moto x looks interesting on paper but I'm not a fan of stock android too much I like tw or the lg skin too so to each their own :)

Upvote 0
afaik its the snapdragon 400 which is basically just a refresh of teh chip that was in the sgs3.
Don't really like what Qualcomm summarizes about the 400. I've been putting money aside for the S4 anyway so it doesn't really matter to me, to me from the Moto X rumors it wouldn't really be an upgrade from my S3 and then a downgrade in some areas.

Upvote 0
Don't really like what Qualcomm generalizes about the 400. I've been putting money aside for the S4 anyway so it doesn't really matter to me, to me from the Moto X rumors it wouldn't really be an upgrade from my S3 and then a downgrade in some areas.

For me all around upgrade I wonder how the contextual awareness will work out.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Upvote 0
I DNS.

But I would like an S3 even though I don't really have the funds right now.

I say sell now.

You are IMO near the end of the Prime Time to sell it. You're at a year and a half before the end of CDMA. If I had the funds I might let them go for that 18 months of use. The closer that 18 gets to one year, the less likely I am to spend near $300. (And that's not even taking into account if Metro brings some other nice mid-tier device onboard in the mean time.) If I am going to only get a year or less use from it, the price drops a lot closer to $200 for me.

If you are going to sell it, IMO, you need to do that soon.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Im still not sure yet. The most I would get is 250, maybe 300 with the tons of cases I have. I actually like knowing that I have a backup S3 that I can activate if needed at least until 2015. So is that year and 5 months worth it to know I have it? Thats what I must decide.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Im still not sure yet. The most I would get is 250, maybe 300 with the tons of cases I have. I actually like knowing that I have a backup S3 that I can activate if needed at least until 2015. So is that year and 5 months worth it to know I have it? Thats what I must decide.
I have an att s3 that I have made work with tmobiles aws so it will get full speed hspa + and LTE I would consider trading for the cdma metro s3.

I want to find a way to keep the $40 no throttling plan I have and use an S3. And it seems metro wont let me do that with gsm phone.:mad:

Now the Att phone is worth more but I am willing to not worry about that.:p

Reactions: elcocho852
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones