• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] [MOD]App2External_SD (Fixed Duplicate files)

Hey ya all,

I want to THANK all who are sharing their try outs and their support here at this forum.

Add a extra thanks to hokie36 who found the same thing I did but put it in words on how it worked for me. LOL
So
I got it working but but ...

Following the step by step.... AND...
1. Both Partitions have to be "PRIMARY. "
2. First partition is FAT 32 set to primary.
3. Second partition is EXT3 or EXT4 set to primary.

I tried installing extra apps and ran out of space again, but didn't get that annoying "insufficient storage" lame thing.

I give up to soon.

So. I be selling the LG F6 now!
And going to use the following "how tos" to expand storage on my New UN-locked Samsung i717 and .... rather than use the that fine "swap" thingy. The Note 1... has 2GB internal free, what is called USB storage of 11GB and I put a 32GB rated 10 sd card. So if done right (crossed fingers and not eyes.) I'd have 45GB of storage.
WOOPEE!

I be using . . . HERE using link2sd and & Foldermount at them other fine devs over at forms.xda developers.

And how to create partitions on Sd card HERE
(I personally use free EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.0 Home Edition.)

There is also a few short vids that shows how to trick Android in reading a 64GB sd card even on old GB Roms.

I come here to android forums and xda than I go to Utube U.

Hope something works for you all.

See ya.

Upvote 0
Hello All:

I don't know if this code is being actively pursued, nor do I wish to thread-crap...but I did find a solution that worked for me:

I found another few articles (PLEASE READ THEM below) and got a way to increase the Internal Memory. These are some work by some people waaay smarted then me (Warranty Voider and Hroark13). I have my current phone at 9.14 GB Internal Memory and 19GB External SD Card and have worked without issue for 2 weeks. It took me less that 30 minutes for the first phone.

PLEASE, PLEASE, Please do not try this if you don't know what you are doing. I am not responsible for you bricking your phone. I am sharing it because it worked for me. That is all I am claiming... I will not answer any private messages for help.

How to increase your Internal Memory on your LG Optimus F6

1) Developer Options
On your phone go to Settings, System:
Developer Options ~ Check USB Debugging
Security ~ Allow 3rd Party Apps

2) Root using Towel Root
https://towelroot.com/tr.apk
Touch λ for the download
Open
Hit "make it ra1n"
You are rooted

3) SuperUser Access
Download SuperUser or SuperSU from Play Store
Run it

4) Verify Root
Download any Root Checker from Play Store to verify Root

5) Partition the sdcard (MUST use Class 10 (SDHC) High Quality Sandisk, Samsung, etc)
I used minitool partition wizard on my PC using an SD Card Adapter and a 32GB Class 10 Micro SD card. First Partition MUST BE Fat32 ! ! !
22GB ~ Fat32 ~ Primary ~ Align to MB
Balance of card ~ Ext4 ~ Primary ~ Align to MB

6) Download APK for TWRP Recovery Mod (This is the program that you will use to flash the zip files listed below) ~ I will not teach you how to use TWRP ~ You must read and learn for yourself.
http://www.mediafire.com/download...WRP-V3.apk
Install

Use TWRP to flash the zips below to your phone:
I had to use a PC to phone USB connection to download these to my phone...

7) Copy files from current Internal Memory to New Internal Memory
Download http://androidforums.com/attachme...zip.76131/ to the External SD Card Partition and run (This will take as much as 10-15 minutes depending how much stuff is already on your F6)

8) Install Mod - modifies the phone to look on new partition for internal memory
Download http://androidforums.com/attachme...zip.76129/ to the External SD Card Partition (This will only take a few minutes)

9) If you want to uninstall:
http://androidforums.com/attachme...zip.76130/

PLEASE Read more here: (Thanks Warranty Voider)
http://androidforums.com/threads/...f6.819792/

and here: (Thanks Hroark)
http://androidforums.com/threads/...14.861281/

Caveats:
T-Mobile phones I have are JellyBean 4.1.2 ~ I "might" try to update to CM11 or Xperion but not now...
I have NOT tried this on a MetroPCS phone, but it should work fine.
Again: everything works fine on kids phones, but I will not guarantee it will work on yours.
I would start with a fresh phone before it's all bloated with apps
I am just trying to help... It has helped several and I hope this help you.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

No more duplicates! Everything is fixed! =)

I had to modify the script again.
Re-download 11extsd2internalsd
Start with step 7 if you alrea​
Hello everyone,

Start with step 7 if you already have this installed.

dy have this installed.

somebody help me!! message me or something! I did this way on my lg f6 and my total space and sd card says 7.39Gb. But when i go to apps in my settings and look at my internal memory it sways that i only have 1 gb. Please somebody help me!!! Message me or comment back!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

thank you for this mod..fallowed steps to the letter..and my storage is now 32 gigs..sweet..this completes this phone..one thing i did that i diddnt think i shouldve done thouggh,im on the xperion rom with freedom kernal installed i allready had init.d support with the kernal installed..but i installed the app anyways and did exactly how you said..now time to download couple large games

Upvote 0
Hello All:

I don't know if this code is being actively pursued, nor do I wish to thread-crap...but I did find a solution that worked for me:

As have so many others, I finally got sick and tired of limping along with the lack of storage, so ordered a 64-GB Samsung EVO card, partitioned, and followed Majestyk007's terrific write-up with great success using the new (and now much smaller) apps from WarrantyVoider (an apparent 'Droid genius) located here: http://androidforums.com/threads/sd-hack-for-storage-expansion.908126/. So nice to have more than 20-GB of app storage available and still have over 40-GB left for music, video, etc. before loading everything back up, and a whole lot of that space still left after!

It's a real phone again. A hearty thanks and well done to all.

Screenshot_2015-05-03-01-06-49.png Screenshot_2015-05-03-01-07-04.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
10) Download Smanager from the google play store and open and allow with root access

11) Go to /system/etc/init.d and click on 11extsd2internalsd

12) Click at the top where it has Su and Boot and hit save and then exit

13) Reboot your device and your all done!

Downloaded Smanager and opened it and it came up with to a page with two buttons, one was to install some extra smanager extensions I believe and the other said browse with root access, or something of the sort. I clicked browse with root access but this isn't the same popup that came up with all the other things I downloaded from the playstore and gave it supersu root access.

Did I do something wrong, How do I give it root access.

Assuming it was already correct i went to step 11 and clicked 11ext in s manager and this came up
"Action" "You don't have permission over this file. Do you want create a local copy and edit it or open file directly"

clicked open directly and it says Open with.. HTML Viewer RB Text Editor or SM Editor

clicked SM Editor
and the file open says #Credit androidguy1991

sleep 2
mount -0 rmount.rw /

etc.
not sure what to do here, not seeing somewhere to click su or boot like it says for the next step. any help?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

Hey sir, i followed everything but i get stucked on step 11, when i clicked the 11extsd2internalsd , there's a pop up that states that i don't have enought permission for the file, despite checking all permission from read,write and execute. please help :)

Upvote 0
10) Download Smanager from the google play store and open and allow with root access

11) Go to /system/etc/init.d and click on 11extsd2internalsd

12) Click at the top where it has Su and Boot and hit save and then exit

13) Reboot your device and your all done!

Downloaded Smanager and opened it and it came up with to a page with two buttons, one was to install some extra smanager extensions I believe and the other said browse with root access, or something of the sort. I clicked browse with root access but this isn't the same popup that came up with all the other things I downloaded from the playstore and gave it supersu root access.

Did I do something wrong, How do I give it root access.

Assuming it was already correct i went to step 11 and clicked 11ext in s manager and this came up
"Action" "You don't have permission over this file. Do you want create a local copy and edit it or open file directly"

clicked open directly and it says Open with.. HTML Viewer RB Text Editor or SM Editor

clicked SM Editor
and the file open says #Credit androidguy1991

sleep 2
mount -0 rmount.rw /

etc.
not sure what to do here, not seeing somewhere to click su or boot like it says for the next step. any help?

same problem here dude, I'm almost done. so frustrating, have you figured it out already?

Upvote 0
Not sure what the partition is for that device?
Download Android Terminal Emulator from the play store
type in "su" enter
type in "mount" enter
And then paste the output on here and I will be able to see what partition is the sdcard and modify it for your device.
Hi,
I'm having the same problem. I changed the external sd card with the actual name of my card from mount. When I tried a run from Smanager, it gets stuck on SDcard 0 (not found). Here is the data from my su mount command. Can you also help me? My phone is an S4. Cheers

u0_a210@ks01lte:/ $ su
root@ks01lte:/ # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw,seclabel,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=925648k,nr_inodes=85737,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,seclabel,relatime)
selinuxfs on /sys/fs/selinux type selinuxfs (rw,relatime)
/sys/kernel/debug on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,seclabel,relatime)
none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
none on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,relatime,size=925648k,nr_inodes=85737,mode=750,gid=1000)
none on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory)
tmpfs on /mnt type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,relatime,size=925648k,nr_inodes=85737,mode=755,gid=1000)
none on /dev/memcg type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory)none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
none on /sys/fs/cgroup/bfqio type cgroup (rw,relatime,bfqio)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p23 on /system type ext4 (ro,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 on /cache type ext4 (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,journal_checksum,journal_async_commit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 on /data type ext4 (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,journal_checksum,journal_async_commit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /firmware type vfat (ro,context=u:eek:bject_r:firmware_file:s0,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1026,fmask=0337,dmask=0227,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /firmware-modem type vfat (ro,context=u:eek:bject_r:firmware_file:s0,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1026,fmask=0337,dmask=0227,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 on /persist type ext4 (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,nomblk_io_submit,nodelalloc,errors=panic,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 on /efs type ext4 (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,nomblk_io_submit,nodelalloc,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 on /persdata/absolute type ext4 (rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered)adb on /dev/usb-ffs/adb type functionfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /storage type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,relatime,size=925648k,nr_inodes=85737,mode=755,gid=1000)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/runtime/default/emulated type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/fuse on /storage/emulated type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/runtime/read/emulated type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/runtime/write/emulated type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/block/vold/public:179_65 on /mnt/media_rw/F3F6-08F3 type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/runtime/default/F3F6-08F3 type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/fuse on /storage/F3F6-08F3 type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/runtime/read/F3F6-08F3 type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/fuse on /mnt/runtime/write/F3F6-08F3 type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other)
root@ks01lte:/ #

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones