1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Too many updates showing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juve11, Aug 8, 2011.

1. juve11

juve11 Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Hello, i recently connected to wifi in order to update all of my market applications. I did that before without any problem. But now i got the red circle in the status bar of my phone (xperia x10) and showing 81 applications to update. The total number of app to update was arround 10 i think. When i click the "ongoing download" in the status bar i doesnt shows me anything.

The only thing that i tryed was to "Remove updates" from applications- manage applications- market. But now i have the first version of Market and it doesnt even shows me the program in application list.

Did someone had the same problem?

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    juve11 likes this.
  3. juve11

juve11 Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I ran that update everything was ok, i even installed 4 or 5 app from market. The problem showed up again the first time that i connect to WIFI network and tryied to download ONE app.
    It shows me that it has 24 app to download, when i want to see thoose applications it doesnt shows me anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    What version of Android do you have installed?

I use AppBrain on top of the Market to help do all my updates instead of updating each one manually.

How many apps you have installed?

Maybe you have a lot of apps that say they have updates, but they are no longer online.

I had 3 apps that I was unable to update because their servers are down and there is no software update.....yet according to the Market their are updates....there is a newer version.

When I went from 1.6 to 2.1 I lost 3-4 apps and when I went to 2.1 to 2.3 I lost another 2-3 apps.

Remove all apps you don't use....find out what app isn't updating (if there is one) and take a look if the company still exists and if the market actually has the update or if it is missing.

juve11 likes this.
  5. juve11

juve11 Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    It's android 2.1 on xperia x10.
    I had like 4 or 5 applications. I removed them and tryed to download Opera Browser. It does the same thing, freezes on "Starting download" , and the total number of app to update, shown in status bar with red circle , incremented by 3 i think.
    I cancel opera download and decreases to 26.
    I choose Angry birds, increments to 27,screen blank for a sec then 28. Then 29 after a few sec.
    In status bar it's also showing me "ongoing: Racing Moto, Opera Mobile web..." Problem is that racing moto i had it unistalled before!

Thank you for your reply!

6. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Easiest fix. Back up your contacts and reflash. That is probably what you are going to need to do.

If you can't download apps over WIFI or 3G, then reflash/reinstall using SEUS from Sony or PC Companion.

juve11 likes this.
  7. juve11

juve11 Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    i already reinstall android 2.1 from SE Update Service. Everything was ok , i was able to download market applications. Problem appeard again when i first connected to WIFI network and wanned to download one app. Should i format memory card also?
    Thank you!

8. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Male
    IT consultant
    Montreal
    you might try this also it will be agood idead to clear the old application data you have. Applications add some data on your SD and the data stays there even after uninstall. Still have Asphalt 5 data on my phone even though i uninstalled it almost 6 months ago

juve11 likes this.
  9. Sam-SonyXperia

None

Jun 14, 2011
    Indeed, it never hurts to format your memory card (provided you backup the content first) due simply to the potential for corrupt data, not to mention the cleaning of old application files.

juve11 likes this.
  10. juve11

juve11 Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Format SD card + reinstall android and now everything is ok. Thank you all for your support.

11. Sam-SonyXperia

None

Jun 14, 2011
    Good to hear that is sorted for you :)