• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Too many updates showing

juve11

Lurker
Jul 6, 2010
Hello, i recently connected to wifi in order to update all of my market applications. I did that before without any problem. But now i got the red circle in the status bar of my phone (xperia x10) and showing 81 applications to update. The total number of app to update was arround 10 i think. When i click the "ongoing download" in the status bar i doesnt shows me anything.

The only thing that i tryed was to "Remove updates" from applications- manage applications- market. But now i have the first version of Market and it doesnt even shows me the program in application list.

Did someone had the same problem?

Thank you!

I ran that update everything was ok, i even installed 4 or 5 app from market. The problem showed up again the first time that i connect to WIFI network and tryied to download ONE app.
It shows me that it has 24 app to download, when i want to see thoose applications it doesnt shows me anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Upvote 0
I ran that update everything was ok, i even installed 4 or 5 app from market. The problem showed up again the first time that i connect to WIFI network and tryied to download ONE app.
It shows me that it has 24 app to download, when i want to see thoose applications it doesnt shows me anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

What version of Android do you have installed?

I use AppBrain on top of the Market to help do all my updates instead of updating each one manually.

How many apps you have installed?

Maybe you have a lot of apps that say they have updates, but they are no longer online.

I had 3 apps that I was unable to update because their servers are down and there is no software update.....yet according to the Market their are updates....there is a newer version.

When I went from 1.6 to 2.1 I lost 3-4 apps and when I went to 2.1 to 2.3 I lost another 2-3 apps.

Remove all apps you don't use....find out what app isn't updating (if there is one) and take a look if the company still exists and if the market actually has the update or if it is missing.

Reactions: juve11
Upvote 0
It's android 2.1 on xperia x10.
I had like 4 or 5 applications. I removed them and tryed to download Opera Browser. It does the same thing, freezes on "Starting download" , and the total number of app to update, shown in status bar with red circle , incremented by 3 i think.
I cancel opera download and decreases to 26.
I choose Angry birds, increments to 27,screen blank for a sec then 28. Then 29 after a few sec.
In status bar it's also showing me "ongoing: Racing Moto, Opera Mobile web..." Problem is that racing moto i had it unistalled before!

Thank you for your reply!

Upvote 0
It's android 2.1 on xperia x10.
I had like 4 or 5 applications. I removed them and tryed to download Opera Browser. It does the same thing, freezes on "Starting download" , and the total number of app to update, shown in status bar with red circle , incremented by 3 i think.
I cancel opera download and decreases to 26.
I choose Angry birds, increments to 27,screen blank for a sec then 28. Then 29 after a few sec.
In status bar it's also showing me "ongoing: Racing Moto, Opera Mobile web..." Problem is that racing moto i had it unistalled before!

Thank you for your reply!

Easiest fix. Back up your contacts and reflash. That is probably what you are going to need to do.

If you can't download apps over WIFI or 3G, then reflash/reinstall using SEUS from Sony or PC Companion.

Reactions: juve11
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones