• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touchscreen acting schizophrenic and swiping to the left

Axsuul

Dec 2, 2009
Hopefully someone has had this problem. My phone has just recently started to have this problem. When I am at the home screen, my phone will begin to swipe to the left by itself even when my finger is nowhere near the screen. When tilting the phone or aggravating the accelerometer, it begins to do it more. Also, some of the icons are selected green by itself (but not actually selecting the icon if that makes sense).

Argh, I really don't want to hard reset (not even sure if that'll fix it). Please advise!

Are you using a cheap aftermarket, non-OEM, wall charger? I bought some cheap chargers on ebay. It doesn't even take 10 seconds and my screen freaks out, the vibrator beeps like crazy, the Google Voice Search opens up like 15+ times, you can't swipe the screen to change screens. I unplug it and it's still freaking out like 2 minutes. Sometimes you can press the End call to make it sleep, wait 10-20 seconds and wake it up and it's fine again. Sometimes I had to pull the battery. The store sent me a different wall charger and that one did it too. I then bought an OEM HTC charger from someone else on ebay 6.99 and it works perfect. I returned the earlier ones. Any USB cord to the computer seems to work fine for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones