• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen stopped responding after taking phone apart...

batman4444

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
I was having an issue with my HTC Incredible phone in booting up into the boot-loader due to a stuck down optic pad. I was able to correct the issue by taking the phone apart, cleaning the optic pad, and putting everything back together. The phone now correctly boots, but somehow I knocked something loose or something in there and now the touchscreen will not respond.

I have tried removing the battery and replacing it several times and still no touchscreen. I have tried re-taking apart and reassembling the phone several times and still no touchscreen. but still no touch screen. I tried a factory reset, still a no go.

I am wondering if anybody has any clues as to what I might have knocked loose while I was in there that might have caused this happen. Any ideas on things I could check or what the issue might be? Is it fried and should I just get a new one?

Thanks in advance for your help

Yeah, I just took it apart again and verified that every ribbon cable was clamped in. I believe that all the pads are still in place. I lost some of the yellow plastic tape stuff that were on top of the clamp connectors and so I tried putting some scotch tape in place instead to see if that would help, but still nothing.

Thanks for the suggestion

Upvote 0
I really appreciate your support geofferey,

I fashioned a little piece of foam to replace the one that was missing and it started recognizing some touch so I think I am on the right track, however, it only recognizes the touch sporadically and if i press i press really hard in only a couple of places... You think I need a new digitizer completely?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones