• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Track Currently Unavailable" Error in Google Play Music for all songs...

kblanco

Feb 2, 2015
As I'm sure we all know, Google Music has a widget that'll listen to a song through the mics on a device and then it'll find that song in the Google Music Store for you to purchase and download. However while my widget works just fine, it'll identify the song when I tell it to find it in the store it'll say that the "Track Currently Unavailable." Why? How can I fix this?

This is occurring for every track I have it listen to. Rare songs and contemporary songs that you'd still find in the store. So it's not something like they're just out of print or anything...

Sorry, been away from the computer for a while. But this issue has been going on for some time now, at least a few weeks.

I've not been. Able to resolve it, clearing the cache, the memory, force stopping the app and even uninstalling then reinstalling the app doesn't work... I did find that if I uninstalled all the updates and took it back to the factory version of the app, then when the widget identifies a song and I click on it then it'll send me to Google music through my browser. Clicking on the song in the browser will then send me to the Google music store. But the app is always wanting to then update...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones