1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Track Currently Unavailable" Error in Google Play Music for all songs...

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by kblanco, Aug 14, 2016.

1. kblanco

kblanco Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    As I'm sure we all know, Google Music has a widget that'll listen to a song through the mics on a device and then it'll find that song in the Google Music Store for you to purchase and download. However while my widget works just fine, it'll identify the song when I tell it to find it in the store it'll say that the "Track Currently Unavailable." Why? How can I fix this?

This is occurring for every track I have it listen to. Rare songs and contemporary songs that you'd still find in the store. So it's not something like they're just out of print or anything...

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Wipe app data and cache. It's like chicken soup for your phone.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Could be the servers are just offline, i.e. currently unavailable. How long has it not been working? Could be others are reporting same thing.

For song identification by listening to it with the mic, I found Shazam to be very good, and have been using it for years.

Bg260 likes this.
  4. kblanco

kblanco Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Sorry, been away from the computer for a while. But this issue has been going on for some time now, at least a few weeks.

I've not been. Able to resolve it, clearing the cache, the memory, force stopping the app and even uninstalling then reinstalling the app doesn't work... I did find that if I uninstalled all the updates and took it back to the factory version of the app, then when the widget identifies a song and I click on it then it'll send me to Google music through my browser. Clicking on the song in the browser will then send me to the Google music store. But the app is always wanting to then update...