• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trackball to 'wake' phone from standby

i keep it either on my desk at work, in my front shirt pocket, or my inside jacket pocket which are both loose so an accidental touch would have to hit me pretty good to push the phone up against my body enough to push the trackball in. even when skiing and keeping it in my jacket it has not happened. hopefully they will update the firmware but until then lockbot pro works fine

Upvote 0
just a quick question for those of you who have installed this (and uninstalled)...

it didn't quite do what i was looking for and actually seemed like it ended up messing with my screen timeout settings. at first, the screen would time out within about 3 seconds of the phone being idle. so i uninstall and it still did the same thing, wen't to the phones settings and set it back to 2 mins. sometimes i catch it not falling asleep at all and being in my pocket using up mucho battery. anyone else had this issue?

i can't quite pinpoint whether it was due to this application or the OTA update since i did them both at about the same time.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Do you know how to repair/change the power button yourself without sending to customer service ?

I don't mind to pay but i don't want to stay even one day without my phone !

Thanks.

ps: also, do you know any application that will let met simulate the power button to restart or choose airplane mode ? I use Cyanogen mod FROYO

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones