• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tracking Kids Phones

Hi, apologies if this has already been covered, I did have a look around but couldn't find an answer.

My wife and I are looking for a way to track our kids locations through their mobiles. I'm aware there are plenty of apps available, the problem being that they all seem to rely on data, our kids always use their data allowance up pretty quick so this isn't ideal.
I've tried a few that the Internet tells me rely solely on GPS, but these always seem to require data too.
We both have Samsung mobiles, the kids all have iPhones.
Also, we're not secretly doing it, the kids are aware so it doesn't have to be any type of covert app.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Reactions: Gloria Baker
The best parental control app I know of is Mobile Fence. It's really, really awesome and gives you control over anything you can think of.
But the kid's phone must be able to send and receive data somehow, mustn't it? Otherwise how could this work? I mean, his/her phone will know where it is thanks to GPS, but how would you know it?

How about limiting the amount of data the kid is allowed to use in a month? You set a limit that's lower than the monthly allowance, so that there's always a reserve left for the parenting control app.:thinking:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered, I did have a look around but couldn't find an answer.

My wife and I are looking for a way to track our kids locations through their mobiles. I'm aware there are plenty of apps available, the problem being that they all seem to rely on data, our kids always use their data allowance up pretty quick so this isn't ideal.
I've tried a few that the Internet tells me rely solely on GPS, but these always seem to require data too.
We both have Samsung mobiles, the kids all have iPhones.
Also, we're not secretly doing it, the kids are aware so it doesn't have to be any type of covert app.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hi,
We have chosen an app called mspy for our boys, they are almost 14 years old. It helps view a list of all apps installed on their phones and block those we don’t wish them to use. Also you can track the current GPS location of your kids phones. Set safe zones like “home”, “school” or “Grandma’s house”. Receive alerts each time your kid enters or leaves a zone. It is very handy actually and with pretty simple interface. It works well for our family.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones