• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trading devices?

jackroo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2012
I have a question about phone financing. Most people on here are familiar with how people on Craigslist often trade devices. Since I just got my Sprint S4 and am no longer tied to a contract I understand my phone is being financed at a monthly rate and is not currently paid in full. Not that I would want to do this (since I love my S4) but would I ever be able to trade devices with people?

Sure, but you'd still have to finish paying for the one you no longer had. The agreement to pay $X/month has nothing to do with which phone you're using or which phone you have. Technically you probably don't have title to the phone until you've paid if in full, so all you're trading is whatever rights you have, which don't include title. But as long as you keep paying Sprint, they don't care what you do with the phone.

(They may not let the new "owner" use it on his account, though, until you've finished paying for it.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones