• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trading in the v

djthebogan

Oct 11, 2011
I've had my phone about a year now and its done great. My insurance plan ends end of February and if I claim it I should get a $150 gift card for the shack. I am wanting to switch to T-Mobile or simple so I can have a GSM phone for easier upgrading, but the shack doesn't have either. What to do or what other phone should I use my gift card on?

It is $199 right now, just came off of sale at $150, and it's the cause of my Radio Shack rant. Even if you need to kick in a some cash on your own, it really is a nice handset. My wife is seriously loving hers. It's the same processor and ram as an OV, but it also has a better camera w/ flash, an FM tuner, and a clearer screen. Oh, and it can run flash out of the box. If you really want to abandon the OV, I don't know of anything else close to the price that would be more worthy of your hard earned money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones