• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trading phones

cornbreadfarts

Android Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2010
Nashville, TN
So I am trading my Eris for the Moto Droid on Monday, and was wondering if anyone has done this before. Do we need a third phone to transfer a line to or will it allow us to just swap them even if that phone is connected with another account. Ive got different phones before and set them up, but never done just a straight up trade with someone.

I've never swapped active phones. When I got someone's phone, they had just deactivated it. As long as it isn't deactivated for nonpayment or being lost, that hasn't been a problem.

A straight up trade might be harder for them because I think they have to release the ESN before you can activate it for yourself. I don't know how the reps will feel about that. You both might have to go to a store in person.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones