• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring data and setting from a phone with a broken screen

SVECobraR

Sep 27, 2010
Hey guys I need some help. I dropped my phone a few days ago and my screen started slowly turning blue until it stopped showing anything at all. I have Tmobile sending me a refurbished replacement but I hadn't backed up my apps for quite a while.

I have a mhl adapter but it sucks,I guess buying a $10 adapter from Amazon was a bad idea, it works on occasion but it only mirrors for about a minute before it loses connection.

I have debugging and unknown sources on so I can try to use ******** but it won't recognize the phone, I was able to download the file it requires to my phone while the mhl adapter was working but for some reason it still won't recognize it, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and happy new year everyone.

I have debugging and unknown sources on so I can try to use ******** but it won't recognize the phone, I was able to download the file it requires to my phone while the mhl adapter was working but for some reason it still won't recognize it, any advice is appreciated.

Hi SVECobraR. Is your phone completely dead or is the screen just not working? If the digitizer still works, something you might try is Droid@Screen. It will allow you to see your phone's screen on your computer. Then maybe you could use whatever app for backup and save it to your sd card.

I haven't tried this but you can use adb commands to backup your apps. Here is a guide on how to.

Upvote 0

What is it you are talking about that is starred out?

I have SDK recognizing my phone but it won't do a backup.

I guess it needs ICS to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones