• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recover Data from Several Android Phones with broken screens

I was in Spain doing an extended hike over 2 months. During that time I m managed to break 4 phones. They appear to be damaged primarily on the display as they all seem to work to some degree e.g. alarms come on when they are powered. Unfotrtunately none of them are set to Android remote control as I bought them while hiking and did not have the time to set this up. They have never been on my home network or had a sim card from my country. I was hoping to use a USB hub with HDMI to access them using an external mouse, keyboard and monitor, but I tried this on one and nothing much happened. What can I do? The devices include a Huawei P20 Pro, and Redmi Note 10C, a cheap Realme phone. All were Android. Thanks

I was in Spain doing an extended hike over 2 months. During that time I m managed to break 4 phones. They appear to be damaged primarily on the display as they all seem to work to some degree e.g. alarms come on when they are powered. Unfotrtunately none of them are set to Android remote control as I bought them while hiking and did not have the time to set this up. They have never been on my home network or had a sim card from my country. I was hoping to use a USB hub with HDMI to access them using an external mouse, keyboard and monitor, but I tried this on one and nothing much happened. What can I do? The devices include a Huawei P20 Pro, and Redmi Note 10C, a cheap Realme phone. All were Android. Thanks

With the Huawei device, you can use a MateDock with it. Which is a Huawei hub with HDMI, and can use a keyboard and/or a mouse with it. However the MateDock is proprietary to Huawei and Honor phone only, and won't work with the Xiaomi and Realme devices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones