• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble connecting my epic 4g to my computer

pattonthegen

Feb 13, 2010
san antonio
Hello folks

I'm sure this is a tired subject, but I have been trying to syn my Epic 4G up to my pc over the past few weeks and have had no luck so far.

I have downloaded the Samsung drivers from the samsung page, and even tried a diffrent set of drivers, but still no luck.

With debugging on i get (as options from the notifications bar)

USB debugging is connected select to siable usb debugging

or

USB connected select to copy files to/from your computer (when i tap on this option I get a screen that comes up, and says USB connected / connect usb storage) It thinks for a bit then says its connected but nothing happens.

Without USB debugging on I get 3 options:

One that says

Charge, or teather, and one other options which i don't remember right now, but none of them do anything.

I run windows 7 64bit and could use some help to figure out how to connect my phone and pc so i can copy over music files and pic's.

Thanks for any help.

p.s. if anyone has a direct link to drivers that might work that would be nice as well.

This is how I do it.

I plug in the phone with debugging disabled. I then open up device manager and look at the drivers that are not recognized. I right click the driver and click update driver. I then click browse my computer and navigate to this folder. Continue those steps until all the drivers pertaining to the phone are installed.

Next, unplug the phone, enable debugging, and plug the phone back in. update any other drivers that appear.

This has always worked for me.

List of the drivers that I needed to install:
  • SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface
  • SAMSUNG Android USB Modem
  • SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device
  • USB Mass Storage Device (automatically installed by my computer)
  • and for some reason, under Portable Devices I have H:\, but my computer automatically installed that one.

Upvote 0
This is how I do it.

I plug in the phone with debugging disabled. I then open up device manager and look at the drivers that are not recognized. I right click the driver and click update driver. I then click browse my computer and navigate to this folder. Continue those steps until all the drivers pertaining to the phone are installed.

Next, unplug the phone, enable debugging, and plug the phone back in. update any other drivers that appear.

This has always worked for me.

List of the drivers that I needed to install:
  • SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface
  • SAMSUNG Android USB Modem
  • SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device
  • USB Mass Storage Device (automatically installed by my computer)
  • and for some reason, under Portable Devices I have H:\, but my computer automatically installed that one.

Thanks will give this a try tomorrow, and let you know how it turns out.

Upvote 0
Well I tried the above recommendation but still couldn't get it to work.

However once i connected the usb cable to a plus in the back of my pc it worked fine, and i was able to copy over music and pictures to & from my pc!!!!

I did install the samsung usb drivers 1st then connected the usb cable to my phone, then to the back of my pc and BAM it worked.

thanks all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones