• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

turn notification vibrate off?

fearfeasog

Oct 27, 2011
I am just not seeing how to do this, and the vibrations on every notification are getting annoying. does anyone know how to do this? I have looked in settings>sound and notifications for a box to check/uncheck, but nothing works. No, there is no "turn vibration off" box. also, no options for it in hangouts, etc.

help! thanks,

ff

I couldn't find a setting either. My suggestion would be to look for an app on Google Play or other site. I use an app that can turn off all vibration but not just for Notifications. If that helps it's called Smart Volume Pro. It may be overkill for your needs but if you're desperate, try it. There use to be a trial version but I'm sure there are other apps that will work. Search for "Turn vibration off". You'll get a list of apps to check out.
Good luck.

Upvote 0
knock on wood, but i must have done something right--the vibrations have stopped. I really should have paid more attention. I do appreciate your replies, all! If I figure out what i did I I'll post it here. the only thing i can think is that i maybe turned the vibrations under settings>Sound & Notification>vibrate on, then turned it off again. My problem was mostly in hangouts, but i see no option to turn off or on vibrate there, so I'm thinking it was a general settings thing. still kinda perplexed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones