• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turning backup off

GregwGA

Mar 14, 2011
I keep getting a notification saying that the back up could not be completed because there is not enough memory. I thought I already had back up turned off (thru SETTINGS | BACK UP AND RESET BACKUP MY DATA). The button is greyed out/off. Of course the notification asks me if I want more memory and list the prices. If this is not how to turn it off, how do I do it, or select what is backed up and not backed up

I keep getting a notification saying that the back up could not be completed because there is not enough memory. I thought I already had back up turned off (thru SETTINGS | BACK UP AND RESET BACKUP MY DATA). The button is greyed out/off. Of course the notification asks me if I want more memory and list the prices. If this is not how to turn it off, how do I do it, or select what is backed up and not backed up

The button is greyed out/off. Of course the notification asks me if I want more memory and list the prices.<<<
What price is it referring to?

Upvote 0
Your phone doesn't backup to your phone. So you either have an online backup service (VZCloud, Google Photos, Dropbox, etc) or you are using an app that backs up to a SD card (which is now full or doesn't have enough space).

Could you post a screenshot of the alert, or at least give us more information on what service is asking you to pay for storage?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones