• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turning off notification sound?

smittythepig

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2009
Richmond, VA
All of a sudden I can't figure out how to disable the notification sound (like when I get a new email). I have gone into sounds and selected notification sound and expected there to be an option for silent among the other sounds but no dice. And I don't see any other way to turn it off. I know it is probably incredibly obvious, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for the help.

well that was easy! never even occured to me, yet i'd been in the gmail settings before (that's mainly what i wanted to turn off - gmail notification sound). thanks for the help. now to see if i have any other notifications i need to adjust as you mentioned. yes, a little annoying. but then again i guess it's nice that you can customize all that and actually be notified by sound of certain things and not others, if you want that.

Upvote 0
If you notice, one thing about HTC/Google phones if they have ALOT of the same options around in different spots of the phone. Weather it for quick access or just an oversight, it is kind of annoying having so many of the same options in random spots. lol Every app seems to have their own list of options, as well as every little part of the phone. Just something to get use to and learn from, I guess. Helps developed your mind when making apps, I know that's for sure.

Upvote 0
I have the the same kind of problem - but not :mad:
Its quite irritating. all sounds is off in control panel (sounds settings). but i have one sound that keeps popping up in all programs if some kind off notification apear. Its the same sound every time and its very loud no matter what the volume of the laptop is. If i mute then its gone.
Its not program specific because its the same sound in all prog's - if you change you volume with the icon in the task bar its the same sound. how do i put that offf???:thinking:

Upvote 0
I have a problem related to this. My notifications sound is set default to ascend(i think), yet when I change it to... subtle or something like that, it still makes the sound of the default notification sound. Also, my sound profile constantly resets itself to silent whenever i change it to 'normal', not on vibrate though, i noticed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones