• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

**Tutorial** Return to Boost stock

Ya I toyed with it last night and I got back to Stock fl24 which is where I felt comfortable being. I just didn't want to brick my phone and I appreciate all the info and help from you guys. This method was waaay easier then when I was trying all this on my DroidX awhile back ago. But again thanks to all. I'm sure I'll be back when I screw something else up :)

Upvote 0
If you want to get to FL24, first update your firmware from your android in your system settings from FG31 to FH29, then do the same thing to update from FH29 to FI22, then once again to update from FI22 to FL24.

Personally I would skip updating to FL24, keep FI22 on, root that with 'ExynosAbuse', then throw 'FOTAKill.apk' into your /system/apps/ to disable the notifications to update to FL24. The reason I say this is because FL24 crashes my phone practically every other time I turn my screen off, and then I have to peel off the case and pull the battery out to make it work again. That's really irritating.

You can skip all those update and just odin the fi22 from Rwilco12's Repo here:

Rwilco12's Android Repository - Downloads

You do not even have to extract with 7zip. It is already ready to put in the PDA slot.

Upvote 0
Galaxys2 need help please!!!Can anyone HELP please?I own a Samsung Galaxy S2My carrier is boost mobile .I Just recently I plugged it into this laptop & thought I did something right by"updating" it to Jelly bean through samsung kies.I think I had gingerbread before this jellybean update ....thats how i got the phone.Anyways I JUST noticed No one is receiving my mms / pics through txt messagesince update to JB.my phone acts like pic was sent with time next to it & everything!I can get pics still and everything ...but no one gets mine !Ive tried EVERYTHING : send to different phones,default reset twice, checked mess. settings & mms settingLimits etc.... took out battery , did profile update ,prl update !!! ALL OF IT..long story short I am not real computer savy & I WANT TO GO BACK THE WAY I HAD IT!I need to send pics of displays for work ALSO !OH YA.. since update my phone starts up with sprint logo not boost any more???AGAIN everything still works but mms / pics going through (they act like they do with NO ERROR message)HOw can I take off the JELLYBEAN update Or go Back to what I previously had??THIS IS ALL INFO ON MY PHONE: GREY SAMSUNG Galaxy S2UNDER BATTERY: Model: SPH-D710 FCC ID: A3LSPHD710made in chinaIN PHONE SETTINGS:about device:Model # SPH-D710Android version:4.1.2Baseband version: S-D710.10 S.G B27Kernal Version : 3.0.31-1014481SE.INFRA SEP-93 #3SMP PREEMPT FRI MAR 1 04-27-41 KST2013BUILD NUMBERJZ054K.SPH-D710.GB27HARDWARE VERSIOND710.10SOFTWARE VERSIONGB27I THINK BEFORE JELLY BEAN I REMEMBER SEEING FL24>>If any one can help IN DETAIL because im not to hot with this new comp/"smart" phone erraI would REALLY APPRECIATE it !!<<<THANKS ALLOT !!!*not sure if im posting this correct or if i can even get back to this page! ? HELLLPP...

Upvote 0
Galaxys2 need help please!!!Can anyone HELP please?I own a Samsung Galaxy S2My carrier is boost mobile .I Just recently I plugged it into this laptop & thought I did something right by"updating" it to Jelly bean through samsung kies.I think I had gingerbread before this jellybean update ....thats how i got the phone.Anyways I JUST noticed No one is receiving my mms / pics through txt messagesince update to JB.my phone acts like pic was sent with time next to it & everything!I can get pics still and everything ...but no one gets mine !Ive tried EVERYTHING : send to different phones,default reset twice, checked mess. settings & mms settingLimits etc.... took out battery , did profile update ,prl update !!! ALL OF IT..long story short I am not real computer savy & I WANT TO GO BACK THE WAY I HAD IT!I need to send pics of displays for work ALSO !OH YA.. since update my phone starts up with sprint logo not boost any more???AGAIN everything still works but mms / pics going through (they act like they do with NO ERROR message)HOw can I take off the JELLYBEAN update Or go Back to what I previously had??THIS IS ALL INFO ON MY PHONE: GREY SAMSUNG Galaxy S2UNDER BATTERY: Model: SPH-D710 FCC ID: A3LSPHD710made in chinaIN PHONE SETTINGS:about device:Model # SPH-D710Android version:4.1.2Baseband version: S-D710.10 S.G B27Kernal Version : 3.0.31-1014481SE.INFRA SEP-93 #3SMP PREEMPT FRI MAR 1 04-27-41 KST2013BUILD NUMBERJZ054K.SPH-D710.GB27HARDWARE VERSIOND710.10SOFTWARE VERSIONGB27I THINK BEFORE JELLY BEAN I REMEMBER SEEING FL24>>If any one can help IN DETAIL because im not to hot with this new comp/"smart" phone erraI would REALLY APPRECIATE it !!<<<THANKS ALLOT !!!*not sure if im posting this correct or if i can even get back to this page! ? HELLLPP...

There is a tutorial at the top of the page, including links to the new file u need.

Upvote 0
I downloaded kies to my pc and Odin to my pc and I also have the unzipped md5 file on my pc but I need to be honest I really don't understand your tutorial. Could you please help make it a little easier to understand maybe a step by step. Im no expert with phones by any means and all I am trying to do is get this phone back to stock like the day it was opened and back to fl24 version. I would be highly appreciative for some help. Thank you in advance for your time.

This is what Ive tried/gathered
Kies will update to fl 24 once Im back to stock
odin on pc will flash me back to stock

Heres where im at when i push vol-/power then vol+ it brings me to a screen that says:

ODIN MODE (in red text)
PRODUCT NAME: SPH-D710
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

then theres a picture of the little green droid guy and under him it says

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

I got to this screen and ran odin on my pc with the data cable attached went to the pda tab loaded the md5 file into that tab hit start and I got a failed message the first time second time i got a failed message again. What am I doing wrong??

OK I repeated these steps to a Tee and it worked and my phone is now stock on FG31. The issue now is when I run kies it wants to update to GC01 and has no option to go to FL24. Is there anyway whatsoever I can get to FL24 instead of GC01? I would just prefer that because I was able to easily 1click root the FL24 version with no problems and didnt have to revert from the stock fl24 version at all.

Ok phone did some auto updates up till fl24 im now back where I wanted to be. If you hook it up to kies it wants to update to gc01 but I would rather not do that so again I thank you for your time and post but I toyed with it enough to get it right where i needed it to be sorry for my wall of text.

How long did it take? Mine is stuck on
<ID:0/003> cache.img
for like an hour.

Nver mind, used a different pc and it worked.

Upvote 0
Before starting backup any necessary data, then:

1. Install Kies (has Samsung drivers)

1a. If you have a custom Recovery tool, do a factory wipe

2. Press and hold vol- and power until you reach the prompt, then hit vol+

3. Run Odin

4. Load MD5 into PDA slot

5. Start

This erases Root, yellow triangle, and AGAT/CWM: straight up stock.

edit: Make sure the MD5 is unzipped (7-Zip).

thx: guyphs, sextape(XDA), and Mark112887

To those who are actually looking to complete this stock restore, the MD5 link is inaccurate and downloads a 7zip file with a .mkv of some japanese something or other. There is no MD5 restore file in there what so ever no matter what extraction tool you use.

The only hope is the post from the user linking to Rwilco12's repo. You've been warned.

Upvote 0
The link in the OP has been good for ages, I'm not sure what the deal is now. It's not the first time I've seen people complain about downloads from devhost recently either. They used to be great, I'm not sure what happened to them.

The only hope is the post from the user linking to Rwilco12's repo. You've been warned.

I'm replacing the dodgy link with a link to the post in question, thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones